prologue

Numerous people swarmed around, some dazed and some stumbling throughout the crowd.

Harry could barely hear his own thoughts over the blasting music, and he felt nauseous as the smell of cheap liquor filled his nose. Everything was going so fast; he just wanted to find the room that the lady at the front was talking about.

This strip club was enormous, and most definitely the biggest Harry had ever seen. It was a gay club, by the name of Midnight Madness. Harry thought the name was pretty unique, though he expected something more... sexual.

After a whole ten minutes, he spotted out the dark blue door just steps away. A graceful sigh passed through his mouth, and he hurried, shutting it hastily behind him.

"And who are you?" Harry heard a deep voice, causing him to jump in suprise. His jade eyes met the dark brown ones at the desk, a familiar man poised where he sat. He pushed himself from the wall, loosening his posture and trying to not seem so uptight.

Harry swallowed thick, mindlessly hooking his thumbs together, playing with his fingers. He's horrible at being anything but awkward and weird. "I'm Harry, you gave me this job last week as soon as I came in, before I even introduced myself. I start today." he explained, still stood in the same spot.

The man that Harry remembered his name to be Liam (since he has heard much about him), nodded and pulled out a paper, the former instantly recognizing it as his resume. "Harry Styles? Yeah. I remember you. We desperately needed someone and you were the first to apply." He laughed — as if his statement was a joke, but the boy knew it wasn't.

Harry nodded curtly, feeling nervous and so under the spotlight, not wanting to take a seat on the stained green chair a foot away. "Well, goodie. Follow me." Liam commanded, walking out with Harry following suit.

He glanced around, liking the overall theme. The walls were a dark blue, almost black, as a neon light went all around the top half of the huge room, ceiling being a light silver.

The stage and poles were black, and so were the tables and chairs. More silver lined around bottom half of the room, and Harry marvelled on how a strip club looked so clean, instead of old and dirty; what he was originally expecting.

"Here is where you'll be working," Liam pointed to a decent sized area, the bar. A gate enclosed it, so no one could steal any of the alcoholic beverages.

There was another door, matching Liam's. Only this one had 'Staff Only' on it with a light blue neon glowing off from the lettering.

Liam patted his back pockets, searching for something. His face faltered and he groaned, "Stay here as I go get the fucking keys," he swore colorfully, and it wasn't hard for Harry to tell that his boss had no filter.

Harry watched as Liam almost fell, stifling a laugh by biting his bottom lip. He walked away, leaving the boy alone. He leaned against a chair, yawning. It was only nine at night, yet he was extremely tired and his body needed sleep.

That feeling went away though as the stages illuminated lights all died down slowly, spotlight tuned onto the black curtains. They opened once a song started playing, and Harry knew what it was straight away: Skin by Rihanna.

Behind the curtains was a man, posing with four back up dancers behind him, two on each side. Harry wet his lips as he took in the tight, short, spandex shorts the first boy was wearing, a black choker with blue lace detailing around his neck.

Harry took a deep breath as they all started to dance, Harry's personal favorite starting to grind on the floor, showing off his body. He went slower when the chorus hit, tracing one palm down his torso, slipping his fingers in before winking.

He removed his hand though, showing off his bum by swaying his hips, coming closer to the edge. It was now as Harry seen some random horny people stuffing his spandex with notes that he wishes he was over there instead of across the room.

"Hey I'm–" Liam started, chuckling as Harry jumped in suprise, "Liking the show, hm?"

Harry coughed, making a face before humming in response. "No, no, I was just... observing," he tried his best to act normal, trailing behind Liam as he stepped in the room once it was unlocked.

"This is basically your room unless we hire another guy, and then you'll have to share it," Liam stated, flicking the switch, "That door there leads to the bar, blah blah blah, you know."

Harry didn't know what to do, so he stayed still, pondering what the hell he was supposed to do as his new boss took out a apron. "Put this on," He passed the fabric to Harry, "And I'll go open the bar up. I recommend taking your shirt off and then putting the apron on, like our last worker did. Got him a lot of tips."

Harry nodded, gulping as Liam left to do what he said. Harry slipped his shirt off and folded it, laying it down on a leather couch nearby. He then hung the strap around his upper half, tying the strings behind his back.

He glanced over his appearance in triumph, fixating the wrinkles out by flattening his palms against the material. He tugged it down a bit, so it was reaching mid thigh.

The apron hugged his body perfectly, completing it in ways. He liked the plain design, all white with a black bow tie printed directly under his neck. He also noticed a bowl of blue glow sticks, so he took one and snapped it in half, putting it around his wrist.

Liam came back in, tapping Harry on his bare back. "It's all ready, the code to open the cash is taped under the table so make sure to rip it off when you know it. If you need anything, you know where I am."

Harry did nothing but half smile and shake his head, waving as Liam said his goodbyes. He inhaled a deep breath, staggering out. Harry seen the boy from earlier walk out as he did, though. So far, he was the only thing Harry enjoyed about his job.

* * *

A/N: how was it? good, bad, terrible?

let me know!

love you guys x