Allison | Clint & Natasha

Start from the beginning

She's the only one from her pack in the building and she's gotta protect herself.

"Nice compound bow," he says calmly and Allison's heart skips several beats. No. No way was this- "You make the arrowhead yourself?" Scratch that- this is definitely her soulmate that she knew she'd always get along with. He's a lot older than she expected, so she has a feeling this bond is going to be a platonic one and not romantic which actually gives her a sense of relief seeing as she has Lydia in her life.

Allison gulps, nothing giving away as to what she's thinking. But just as she finds her tongue and courage, the catwalk trembles yet again. Without even thinking about it, Allison's aim is then targeted on the redhead who just dropped in behind her soulmate's back. The redhead is thin and petite, hair cut to her chin and green eyes sparkling in the low light as she stares down Allison's arrow. As Allison gives the newcomer a once-over, she recognizes the catsuit that's hugging her every curve and the logo on her shoulder. The glowing blue dots on the redhead's wrist are also a dead giveaway.

"Easy there, kid. We're the good guys. Do you mind telling us what you're doing up here?"

Allison's gaze darts back to the guy, her mind slow on the uptake of who these people really are. And once she's pieced it together, her aim lowers and she locks gazes with the man who's trying his damnedest to not shift in front of his friend. "My soulmate's an Avenger?"

Unlike Allison, the man practically chokes on thin air, his eyes widening as the redhead suddenly leans forward and really assesses Allison's form. "Why would the Fates give us a child for a soulmate?"

And even though she's read the words since she was a child, it still stings to hear them spoken out loud by the person who is her second soulmate. Allison's lips twitch down in a frown, gaze hardening as she finally lowers her bow fully. "Do you mind, I'm working here."

The redhead doesn't make an obvious show of her words being spoken, but the second Allison's gaze darts to Hawkeye, she sees the Black Widow- in her peripheral vision- rub at her left thigh where she guesses her words are. Allison then turns her back on them with an eye roll, continuing on down the catwalk and keeping her eyes peeled for wolves. If they were lingering around, her position has just been outed given her conversation seconds ago.

"Working?" Hawkeye asks, apparently eager to keep her talking. "What type of work are you in? It still looks like you're in high school, no offense, so what exactly are you doing? I'm Clint, by the way. That's Natasha," he says as he hooks his thumb over his shoulder.

"Allison," she deadpans in return. "And I am in high school; a Senior. Now would you please be quiet? You've given away our location and they'll be on us when we least expect it."

"They?" The Black Widow wonders, her hand hovering over her holstered weapon. "Who are they and who are you?"

Allison freezes, her back still turned towards them and sighs. They see as her head falls back with a groan, her free hand reaching up to pinch the bridge of her nose. Seconds pass and then she's turning to give them her attention. "Might as well tell you since we're apparently fated and what not," she grumbles. Clint and Natasha stare blankly ahead, turning to share a glance between each other and then looking back at Allison. "They are werewolves and I am a Hunter. And seeing as the Avengers are here, I'm guessing the body count got back to you, but it doesn't explain why small town murders caught SHIELD's attention."

"It did," Natasha answers because Clint is struck speechless. "The murders here only caught our attention because when we went further back into this town's history, we came across some ritualistic murders. We weren't sure what to expect, but werewolves was not even on the list of possibilities."