Chapter 34- Going home

Start from the beginning

She wanted her new life, but she was willing to give it all up, because she couldn't give Ethan the one thing they had given her. They had given her a family, but she couldn't give Ethan that back. She couldn't have children.

Coming out of her sad thoughts, she wiped the tear off her face. Evan had tried to get her to stay. To stay until Ethan got there, but she just kept telling him she had to go. She didn't tell him that she heard what he said. She didn't tell him that she was tired of running. She didn't tell him that she couldn't stay and wait for Ethan. She didn't tell him that she was running towards Ethan. She didn't tell him that she had to go fix the mistake she made. She didn't tell him anything. If she had made she wouldn't be in the hospital now. If she had waited for Ethan like Evan had begged her to, she wouldn't have gotten hit by a car. If she would have told Evan that she was leaving to find Ethan instead of running away, they wouldn't have all thought that she had ran off.

She heard the creak of the door as Ethan stepped in. She watched a smile slowly take over his face when he realized she was awake.

“Hey babe,” His velvet voice gave her shivers. “Are you ready to get out of here?”

She watched him slowly walk across the room, to sit on the side of her bed. He held a cup of coffee in one hand, and with the other he reached up and pushed a strand of hair out of her face.

Bending a little he gave her a soft kiss on her lips, before resting his hand on top of hers, which was still laying over her baby bump. She couldn't believe she was pregnant let alone pregnant with twins.

Turning her hand over, she laced her fingers with his. Giving his hand a light squeeze she answered him, “Yea, I want to go home.”

Ethan's smile turned into a smirk, “Sure thing.” Amber wondered what the smirk was about, but didn't get a chance to ask as her hospital door bounced open. In came Jenni arguing with Lucca. Micca, trying to wrap his arm around Jenni's waist to make her stop reaching for the bags in Lucca's hand.

“Leave him alone women. My brother's going to run for the hills if you don't stop picking on him.” Amber shared an amused smile with Ethan.

Last came a frustrated Nick. Amber was pretty sure he wanted to kick all their butts. Made her wonder how long they had been at it this time. Nick pushed his was thru the three and walked to the side of her bed Ethan wasn't currently occupying.

He went to reach for her free hand, but pulled back. Amber knew he did it because he didn't want her to freak out. She still did that sometimes. But she wanted to touch him. She reached out and linker her fingers with his. Like he had done since showing up, but he must have paused this time because she was fully awake.

He gave her baffled smile, before leaning forward and kissing her on the forehead. She had gotten used to him doing that over the last couple of days. He would come in her room. Link his fingers with her, give her kiss on the forehead and say, “Hey sweetheart.” She hadn't been able to answer most of the time because she was out of it.

However today she did answer him. “Hey Nick.” She pulled on his hand so he would lean closer, Glancing at the three still arguing by the door, she asked, “Want me to kick them out?”

Nick sighed, “GOD YES.” Amber laughed. “They have been at it since we picked Jenni up.”

Amber smiled, “Next time make them take their own car.” Nick gave her look to say, AS IF.

They never took their own cars if they could all fit into one. The only time any one took a separate vehicle was when she rode with Ethan on his bike. Poor Nick was stuck with the arguing trio.