Chapter 7 ✔

Mina felt the dark presence of her husband gone and tried to free her hands but found it impossible. Every time she wiggled her wrists, the noose tightened more instead of getting loose, so she quickly gave up her endeavor.

“Vergil, what are you doing?” she asked nervously, dreading the confirmation of what her mind was already screaming at her. “Why can’t I sense you in the room?”

Silence answered her.

“Vergil!”

Silence again.

“You tied me to the bed and left?” Anger took hold of her when she could no longer deny the truth. “I bet you can hear me, Vergil Larsa! Return this instant and free me!” She waited a couple of minutes for an answer but she neither heard nor felt anything. “I’m going to kill you, cabrón! Mark my words!”

Her fucking husband was a bastard! The worst she had ever seen. First, he seduced her, then tied her up, and afterward vanished without putting out the fire he started! I’m going to flay him alive when he returns. 

“I’m already marking your words, my love,” Vergil whispered, a devilish smirk playing on his lips as he walked through the crowded market street searching for his old friend

He felt his presence right where he was now standing while he had been trying to locate Mina and was almost certain it was him the one who clouded his senses so he couldn’t find her. “Where are you, Thanny? Stop sulking in the shadows and come out to face me.”

A vendor looked at him weirdly and then lowered his eyes, murmuring something about crazy tourists, but Vergil ignored him.

“Thanny, Thanny, I know you hate that nickname. Come out and I’ll stop using it.” But when the silence stretched, he growled, “Don’t make me force you.”

The demon prince stood scowling in front of a shop that displayed a beautiful, black Egyptian dress with pink and blue flowers embroidered all over the translucent fabric, and his eyes fixed on the garment. Mina would look gorgeous in that one, just like the princess she is supposed to be. He smiled, forgetting for a moment his elusive friend, and asked the salesman to buy the dress along with some jewelry that would complement it to perfection.

When his shopping was done, he went to the alleyway he used to arrive and gave a hard look to his surroundings. “Remember you left me no choice.” Sighing, he closed his eyes. “Thanatos, God of Death and Reaper of Souls, come forth for I, one of your brethren, summons you.”

In an instant, the alley became abnormally darker, and a violet mystic energy began swirling a few meters in front of Vergil. From all the mist and crackling noises, a black-hooded figure appeared. The wave of a pale hand cleared everything out, and the hooded figure became a tall man in a black tux and amethyst-colored eyes that gazed at the demon without any emotion.

“Why go through all the trouble of summoning me, fallen prince?”

“We need to talk.” Vergil’s tone grew serious, and he made Mina’s gift disappear to protect it from a possible altercation. “Why did my father send you after me?”