Chapter 1 ✔

Five years later

Vergil had been going from one place to another all day checking that the new businesses his mother set up three months ago were running smoothly. They were little things compared to Lilith's real mission on the human plane, but, as her second-in-command, he was the one in charge of monitoring them. These were the times when he prayed to whoever could hear that his mom took a human lover soon. That way he could dump it all in her lover's lap and do whatever he wanted. Of course, he would still be obligated to do the supernatural stuff, but he could get rid of the petty, human shit. Oh, but those were just dreams! Dreams of a life he would never have.

Suddenly, Vergil felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately spun around, ready to battle. He had been so immersed in his thoughts that hadn't even heard his companion's voice. The prince reacted almost aggressively, too close to ripping Marcus' throat out. Too close ...

"Hey! Chill out, man," his friend said, jumping out of harm's way. "It's only me. Marcus."

"Sorry," Vergil murmured the apology, making the black-haired human strain to hear it.

"Anyway, as I was saying," the guy continued like nothing had happened, "the boys are talking that Missus Larsa is planning to propose something big to that senator that's always asking for help."

"You mean Argeneaux? David Argeneaux?"

"Yes, that's the one! Rumors say you could be getting a stepfather," Marcus joked, clapping Vergil's back and grinning.

"I don't know," the white-haired one responded, pensive. "He doesn't seem like Mother's type."

"Ah, you know how Missus Larsa is ..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Vergil lashed out angrily, murderous intent gleaming in his blue eyes.

"Whoa, man! Calm down," his friend exclaimed before hanging his head and sighing. "Sorry, boss. I'll just keep my mouth shut."

"Give thanks to God that I'm not my mother or now you would be standing in a pool of your blood." Vergil's tone was low and dark.

And just like that, he walked off, making Marcus trail after him.

Her class schedule met, Mina was planning on having dinner in the mall close to the university's grounds

Her class schedule met, Mina was planning on having dinner in the mall close to the university's grounds. Mary Wilson, her best friend and faculty colleague, was already there, waiting for her. The plan was to meet in the mall's parking lot and go to a new restaurant that had opened its doors a month ago.

"You took your sweet time," Mary said, smiling mischievously while walking to the mall's front entrance. She had her long, blonde mane tied up in a ponytail, and a long-sleeved, red dress that showed off every perfect curve of her body. However, her best attribute was her skin; a white, flawless skin that made Mary's deep blue eyes glow with the sunlight. "What were you doing? Harassing another young student in your office?"