7|Flower Boy Troye

Phil -14 Dan -10

Phil was popular, and he had no idea why, or how he got to be. His group had every girl in school infatuated when they walked down the halls. He always thought that high school would be hard for him because of how he was treated in his younger years, but friends made it so easy. Tyler, Connor, Chris, Pj, and Phil. The heartthrobs of 9th grade.

Though, none of them were that interested in girls. The whole reason they had started to hang out in the first was place is actually kind of funny.

Pj and Chris were recruiting members of their LGBTQA+ squad, and Tyler and Connor weren't that hard to find. Maybe gays have some special connection to each other no one really knows about, but they all became best friends before they knew it.

Phil had never been more happy. He even introduced them to Dan. Dan was just happy to know that Phil was comfortable with him knowing his friends. They all got along very well with Dan despite the age difference, and Dan was like an honorary "straight" member of their group.

Things were alright.

***

"DANIEL JAMES HOWELL HOW DARE YOU?!" Troye shouted smacking Dan on the arm.

"OW! What did I do?" Dan asks rubbing his arm.

"You hung out with Connor, and you didn't even tell me!" Troye says with narrowed eyes.

"How did you know?"

"I know everything you koala muppet." Troye said hitting Dan again.

"OW. Stop it!" Dan said very annoyed.

"Was he nice?"

"Yeah."

"Did he mention me?" Troye asks hopefully.

"Actually, yeah." Dan says with a smile.

Troye's eye widen. "OMG, really!?"

"Yeah. He asked me how my creepy stalker friend was doing, and if he'd leave him alone."

"Oh, shut up!" Troye says smacking Dan again.

Dan laughs. "He didn't actually say that. He did tell me to ask you if you'd be interested in modeling though."

Troye raises his eyebrows. "Modeling?"

"Yeah. For like his pictures and stuff. He thinks you have a very 'photogenic' face."

"What in the bloody hell does that mean?" Troye says making Dan laugh.

"I have no idea, but you should go talk to him one day. He seems interested in you."

Troye looked thoughtful. "Hmmm maybe I will."

They hung out for a bit more before Troye then left for home with his mum.

When Troye got home, he spots Connor in his front yard just laying on the grass admiring the world. Troye can't help but stare. His mum goes inside leaving her son to stare at Connor. He does it so much she doesn't even bother him about it anymore.

Troye doesn't know where all of his confidence comes from, but he embraces it as he walks over to Connor.

"Hey, there flower boy." Connor says suddenly, surprising the curly haired kid.
Troye freezes, and stares at Connor with a confused look on his face.

"Flower Boy?"

"Yeah," Connor says calmly. "You remind me of the flowers because you're so young, and delicate in the most beautiful way."
He flashes a smile over to Troye.