Chapter 18- Flight Jitters and Anticipation

After packing and double checking everything the OCD way I usually do I checked my phone. Mama had texted me.

Mama: Sean told me he sprung his surprise already....

I texted back.

Me: Yea! that was a surprise alright! And you were in on it of course! lol

Mama: Yep, Mama's got tricks up her sleeves. You know me. Come to the house once you are all packed please.

Hmmmm wonder why she needed me to come over.

Me: Okie Dokie.

That was all I texted back before gathering my suitcase and carry on. I made my way out the back door, making sure to lock the door behind me. I loaded my luggage into my trunk and hopped in my car. Pulling out of Missy's driveway I made the one block trip over to Mama's house.

Once I was there I walked into the house. It was dark so I turned on the lights. I flipped on the lights and saw white, green, and orange balloons hanging from the ceiling. I saw Mama, Bree, Missy, Pops, Angel (other adopted sister), Miranda(other adopted niece) and a few others waving little Irish flags. "What is all this for?" I said laughing. They had surpised me too. "Well this is a farewell stay safe seeing you off party." Mama said coming over to me and giving me a hug. "You guys are silly." I said. "Really we just wanted a reason for food." Miranda said half sarcastically taking a bite of pepperoni pizza. "Haha! What Mamaw wasn't wanting to buy just YOU a pizza again?" I said with a laugh. "Yea, and I guess we will miss you and stuff too." Miranda said giggling. "And someone has gotta take you to the airport. Besides I have your plane ticket, you couldn't get on the plane without seeing your Mama first." Mama said patting me on the back. "Well you know I gotta be at the airport in about an hour right?" I asked Mama. "Yea, I know. We run late, but I know we gotta make it on time this time." Mama said. "And sis, be careful. And don't do anything I wouldn't do." Missy said giving me a smile. We shared secrets about secret things. "Ok, I won't I promise I won't do anything that you WOUDLN'T do Miss." I replied with a giggle.

After eating a quick bite and tranfering my luggage over to Mama's van, we were on our way to the airport. While we were in the van on the way there Mama and I talked for a bit. "Ya know I was a little concerned when I first heard about Sean, but I knew I couldn't do anything because you are an adult who can make her own decisons." Mama explained to me. "Yea I figured you had been concerned." I answered back. "But, just so you know that has all changed now. Sean is a really good guy. I really like this dude." Mama said smiling. "Yea, he is pretty great isn't he?" I added. "And I can tell he really really cares about you." Mama paused then continued. "And that means a lot to me. You deserve to be happy after all you have been through. All I have ever wanted for you was happiness." Mama finished. "Thank you so much Mama. Thank you for stepping in and being a support system for me when Mom died, and thank you for being my Mama." I replied. "You are a pretty good adopted kid. And I am so happy things are all seeming to be working out with you and Sean." We were getting ready to pull into the airport. "You know I haven't been on a plane since I was 2 years old! I don't even remember what it's like." I explained to Mama. "You will be fine. Just think about why you are are flying all that way. It makes it all worth it." Mama said patting me on my leg. "I know. Sean makes anything worth it. I can't believe I am flying to him. That I am gonna be at his home spending time with him." I said.

We finally reached the entrance where I needed to be dropped off at. I got out of the van and made my way to the back hatch to gather my luggage. I turned around to see Mama standing there ready to give me a hug. "Love you baby." Mama said "I love you to Mama." I replied back. We pulled away from our embrace. I took a deep breath in grabbing all of my luggage and headed to the entrance of the airport.

Once I was inside I saw a large desk I needed to check in at. There was a large screen behind several check in clerks displaying the different flights. I checked my ticket for my flight number and matched it with one that I saw on the display. I stood in line behind a few people waiting to check in as well. After waiting about 15 minutes it was finally my turn. I approached the desk and handed all my information over to be scanned. The clerk then told me where to go to check in my luggage and have my security scan done.

After everything was completed I reached into my carry on for my phone. I had forgotten to text Sean up until this point. I decided to Skype him instead. I pulled out my headphones to plug them in and placed the call.

"I was wondering when I would hear from you! I was beginning to think you had backed out on me!" Sean said as soon as he picked up the phone. "No way not in a million years would I not be coming to you. I'm at the airport now. I should be boarding in t-minus 15 minutes or so." I replied reassuring my boyfriend that I was on my way. "I am so excited! I only have to sleep one more time before I see you!" Sean was so excited. "I have some things planned for us to do! And I went to the grocery store earlier! And I made our bed! See?" Sean fliooed the camera so I could see his bed." You are being adorable. You really don't have to go out of your way. I am just happy to spend time with you." Well I will be recording in between spending time with you, but I want to make you feel as at home as you should be here! This is gonna be your house as well for a couple of weeks ya know." Sean explained to me. "Where ever you are is my home Sean. But you are amazing for doing all that none the less." I told him. "Well it's not much, but I love you. I want you to be ok here. Sometimes its strange being away from home." he said. "I love you too! But I am no stranger to making where ever I may be home." just then I heard a ladies voice over the intercom "Flight 741A to Dublin Ireland now boarding at gate B." I looked at Sean. "That's me babe! I gotta wrap this up!" I said standing to my feet. "Ok, just one more thing. My brother Malcolm and I will be picking you up from the airport ok? Be on the look out after you get off the plane ok? I love you my widdu NikkiRoo! Be safe abd get to me just as you are know!" Sean said. "I will Sean! I love you more!" I blew kisses at my screen. Sean pretended to catch them and blew some back towards me. We ended the call, I tucked my phone away and I boarded my plane. I was ready for this new advebture to begin!.....