Chapter Ten

woah almost 2k reads full stop thanks love you :)

********************************************************

Trish's P.O.V.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. With everything going pretty much perfectly, something is bound to go wrong. Ally might go running back to Dallas, the stupid floppy-haired freak, or Austin might decide the European model is his type. Yeah, Ally told me about it all.

So I have to do something big to remind them that yes, they are meant to be, and very much. Just watching how much they went through to get together and you get the feeling of love. I don't know what Austin would do without Ally. He gets pretty desperate, hugging security guards and all.

"Dez," I whispered, very subtly jabbing him in the arm with my elbow.

"Ow," he complained, rubbing his arm. Guess it wasn't as subtle as I thought...who cares, it's Dez. "What do you want now?"

"For you to get rid of every girl in Austin's sight," I ordered. "Except Ally."

Dez grinned. "Okay. Say bye, Trish." He stood in front of me, not letting me into Austin's line of sight.

If I was one fraction meaner, I would've yelled death threats at the doofus and showed how much a girl's shoe can hurt if it's directed at a spleen. But instead, I pushed Dez so he lost his balance and smiled sweetly at him.

"And me," I dictated. "Now, keep Austin distracted."

I swear, this is like one big car chase, running around with me after Ally and Dez after Austin, trying to get them as a couple.

Dez nodded. "Okay," he cheered. "Team Ally!"

He walked over all cheerleader-ish to Austin, where he was sitting next to Ally and testing to see how many fries he could shove into his mouth before they all spewed out. "Austin," he asked. "Let's go somewhere else! I have really, really, big fries and you'll never get one in your mouth."

Austin jumped up. "Joke's on you, I can put any kind of food in my mouth," he informed. "Even, really, big fries." He spit out all of the fries currently in his mouth and started running after Dez.

"Hi, Ally," I said, faking a grin. "How are you doing?"

"Gre-" she started.

I cut her off. "Great, great. You know who isn't great? Dallas. He's a wimp and everything. Didn't I hire the marching band to fire him? We all know how much of a loser Dallas is. Just look at him, he can't even lift a box right." I snorted. "Who in the world would like him at all?"

Ally opened her mouth. "Um, well-"

I interrupted. "Yeah, that's right, Ally! No one. No one can like him? Why? Because they like Austin. Austin who? Moon. Austin Moon. Everyone likes Austin Moon, especially since he can lift a box without dropping it."

She frowned a little. "Actually, well, he did-"

"No one cares what he did, Ally," I said seriously. "We just know that Dallas didn't. You need a man, Ally. Not some weirdo who's always shaking his head like he has fleas." I imitated a Dallas hair-flip. "Yeah, you need someone mature, Ally. Who's mature? Austin."

"Austin thinks that zebras don't exist and that they're just striped horses," Ally pointed out.

"They kinda are," I argued. "See how intellectual he really just is? Austin understands that there are no such things as zebras, only horses with stripes. He's smart, Ally. Dallas can't even say library right."

"True," agreed Ally. "But he smells-"

"Like he never takes a shower!" I insisted. "The nerve of that boy, not washing himself properly. See? Immature!"

"I was gonna say fresh summer breeze," she said, creasing her eyebrows. "But okay."

I smiled. "So you should pick Austin. He's mature, smart, and mostly, better than Dallas."

Ally didn't talk for a long time, just sat there thinking.

Let's hope she was thinking about Austin.

Dez's P.O.V.

"Hello, sir," I said to Austin. "Have we met before?"

Austin nodded. "Yeah. I think, yeah."

I waved a casual hand. "Who's met who, I can never remember. But you know who you haven't met? There's this girl..." I looked off into the distance.

He nodded again. "What's her name?"

"Ally..." I said, trying to appear thoughtful. It probably didn't work out to well, my thoughtful look kinda looks exactly like my angry look and my worried look. "Dawson..."

"Oh!" Austin pointed an excited finger. "I think I know her!"

"Do you..." I asked. "How interesting. Quite a lovely girl, yes?"

"Yeah," agreed Austin. "She smells pretty and everything, and she's really nice. Oh, does she dance weird?"

"Weird dancing...I believe I recall some seal imitations," I said, stroking my chin for effect.

Austin shook his head. "Nah, it's more like, um, maybe squirrels?"

I nodded too. "Yes, animals in all. Anyhow, about this Ally. Do you, perhaps, like her?" A single thoughtful eyebrow shot up.

"Maybe, I don't know. I guess...she's really sweet and funny." Austin made a face. "Wait, don't I know you?"

My expression showed dullness. "Oh? Is that so? It may be, that yes, we have acquainted."

"Maybe," decided Austin. "I've met Ally, that's for sure. I don't I could forget someone like her."

"Austin!" I gasped, completely losing the deep writer front. "You're," I paused, taking a deep breath. "In love." I did the flying bird thing with my hands. "My buddy's growing up." I wiped my eyes. "It's okay, you treat her right, though. I don't want my little Ally getting hurt, you hear?"

Austin bounced his head back and forth. "Okay. I don't think Ally can get hurt, though."

I shrugged. "Yeah, she does have a lot of safety gear." I patted his shoulder. "But watch out. One mistake-" I wagged a finger in front of his nose. "Whoosh." I made an explosion out of my hands.

No, just kidding, I'm always on Austin's side. It's fair, Trish will always be on Ally's.

Who, I hope, succeeded as much as I did.