Chapter Nine

I know this is like way overdue but thanks so much its over 1k reads and chapter 8 got 30 reads and 4 votes in a day thanks i love you all

***********************************************************************

Dez's P.O.V.

I know this is way too girly for me to even want to imagine, but what can I say, I've been hanging around Trish. Anyways, I have a hunch that Austin and Ally are going to start dating again. Odd, since they both know how awkward it was when they did the first time.

But I just sense it. It's the redhead in me. Austin likes Ally, Ally likes Austin, and what does that mean? They'll date. Again.

Austin was busily planning things with Ally, so I pulled Trish aside. "What?" she asked, annoyed.

"Do you not see it?" I said, gesturing crazily at Austin and Ally.

"Oh," she replied, a smile spreading across her face. "Oh. Yeah."

She made an evil face in their direction. "You take care of Ally this time, I'll do Austin," she said, plans probably flying out of her head already.

"Okay," I agreed. Every now and then, we can come to an agreeable decision.

"Austin!" Trish said loudly. "I need to talk. With you. About something. But not here, let's go somewhere else." She waved at him to walk out of the room.

"Alright," answered Austin, looking perfectly normal and unsuspecting.

"Ally!" I grinned, repeating Trish's actions. "Let's have a little chat."

Ally was more suspicious, probably all the book-reading she's done. Like, what is even the point of Edgar Allen Poe? Who is he even?

"Why not," decided Ally, when Trish and Austin had already left the room.

"Do you," I said seriously, or as seriously as I could, "like someone?"

"Umm," said Ally, giving me a weird look. "Um, do you care?"

"Someone," I said again in my serious tone, "by the name of-"

"The name of Dallas?" interrupted Ally dreamily. Whoa, still not over the cellphone accesory dude? 

"Ally," I responded, slightly aggravated, "he once bedazzled phone cases for a job. You can do better than that." I gave her my serious look, the one that went along with all of my serious talks.

I just hoped Trish was having better luck than me.

Trish's P.O.V.

"Austin," I stated. "This is serious."

He nodded. "Serious. Got it."

I stood up, pacing the food court, which I had picked for our talk. "Suppose," I started. "Suppose something horrible happened to Ally."

Austin jumped up. "Oh, like she falls into a black hole and aliens suck her brains out?" He imitated an alien brain suck, something he was actually pretty good at. Not as good as me, the Zalien expert, but it was decent for an alien one.

I snapped my fingers. "Serious, Austin. Serious."

He nodded again. "Okay. Sorry."

"Say Ally, uh, broke her leg." I was just winging it. Ally was too careful to even ever need a Band-Aid. "She breaks her leg and it's really bad. She can't do anything. And she's about to die. What do you do, Austin? What?" 

Austin thought for a moment, taking it in. "Oh!" He seemed to have understood. "I'd remind her how much she loves music and then tell her not to die because that'd be really bad and I couldn't do it without her and that she's great and everything." He finished without taking a breath.

I smiled. "Good boy."

"Why?" asked Austin. "Ally wears a gas mask and a knee pads when she watches TV. Like she'll ever get hurt."

I shrugged. "Zaliens?" I suggested. "They wouldn't let a tank stand in their way."

"Zalien brain suck!" we shouted in unison. 

A Zalien's gotta do what a Zalien's gotta do. Which, in our case, was suck each others brains.

We had a nice time sucking brains.

Ally's P.O.V.

"Did Trish talk to you about me?" I guessed, catching up with Austin at the food court.

"Yeah," he replied. "Where, supposedly, you die." He shoved a handful of fries into his mouth.

"I die?" I repeated. 

"Almost," he corrected. "But, hey, same thing. So, did Dez talk to you about me, then?"

I shook my head. "Nah, he was getting hyped up over Dallas and everything. To him, rhinestones aren't very manly."

"Dallas? What's up with him?" Austin grabbed more fries.

"I don't know." I glanced curiously at Trish and Dez, who were talking really quickly to each other. Dez waved his hand in Trish's face, whisper-yelling something.

I leaned in closer to hear clearer. "He likes her! Obviously!" insisted Dez.

"Who cares? If she's not over Dallas by tomorrow, I'm giving up." Trish folded her arms.

"Only giver-upppers give up," retorted Dez.

I turned my head back around, realizing what it all meant.

Our two best friends were trying to set us up.

What. The. Heck.

*****************************************************************

yeah i know like I made dez too smart whatever he's not exactly DUMB or anything just kind clueless