Bonus Chapter

In Light

Michel stood at the door to Ada's room of the day. Inside he listened to the sisters getting ready.

"You look So beautiful," Ada crooned from the other side of the door.

Abby's mother the mother's name here was fixing Myka's train when he walked in.

"Myka hold still," Sae complained. Michel watched Myka twirl in her dress. Sae frowned. Would these women ever truly get along? Michel thought. Hopefully one day. But if he didn't interrupt soon there would be trouble today. Michel wanted only peace for his new Princess on her wedding day.

"If you don't hold still I will never be able to get your train on," said Sae in exasperation. Myka stopped spinning only to stick her tong out at Sae. Sae screamed and lunged for Myka. Michel had to think quickly to save the two wonderful dresses. He did not want Sae nailing the dress to the floor in retribution.

Michel held on to Sae with all his night. It was a beautiful white dress. The material was had spin silk. As to Myka's personal taste there wasn't a single piece of "frilly lance". Michel had been appalled by her wish but he had respected it anyway. That's why I am wearing enough lace for two today he reminded himself. And he was. He had light blue lace cuffs, a lace belt, lace booties, and to top it all off he had a lace collar that fluffed out to his chin. The rest of his suit was a nice deep navy blue. He had a lavender handkerchief to set it off. There was just something about lace at a wedding. It just had to be there, even if the bride was not wearing it.

"Now, Sae. I think that you have done a beautiful job. So if you don't mind" he said, "Let me see." He passed Sae over to Ada. Ada still needed help getting into the gold bridesmaids dresses that Michel had chosen for the event. The girl still couldn't work a sipper to save her life. It was a good thing he had assigned Willamena as her had maid. She was the only on of the hand maidens that new enough about cloths to properly sow them back together. And she wasn't bad at fixing sippers either. It had been a challenge properly dressing and outfitting the three sisters, but somehow Michel had done it. They were now the envy of the whole court. Michel was so proud! He had not seen Ada eat a bug in over a week either or Sae lick crumbs off the floor. He still had to work on their table manners, but that would come in time. Myka was much improved as well.

Michel turned back Myka. Yes, much improved. She was a new creature. Most of her old habits were a thing ov the past. Only the condition of her fingernails would give her away. She had beaten them to the quik. It was to be expected though. The woman was probably just nervice. It was not every day that one got married. He looked her up and down. Abby's mother was just finishing up fixing the train one more time.

"Stay still Myka," said Michel. "You don't want me to poke out an eye on your wedding day." He lifted up the dimond tiara and sent it and the attached veil in place.

"There. You look complete now" he said. Myka blushed.

"To the church" he said.

Jesse was standing there at the end of the alter waiting for his bride. Michel was overly pleased with the outfit he had chosen for the Prince. He looked glorious in his bright white tuxedo with coattails. How could one man looks so good? he mused.

Michel watched Myka quicken her pace. She was up at the alter before the song had a chance to repeat the coarse. Michel watched Jesse extend his hand to her. She put her hand in his and turned with him towards the minister. The minister smiled at them Myka and Jesse smile back.

Young love Michel crooned. It was all just too sweet. He sniffed and took the hand of his own wife Margery. He thought back to the day that Margery and him were wed. Had it been this stressful to say the I dos? He honestly didn't remember. His thoughts drifted.

The preacher was already doing the vows before his mind allowed him back into the present.

"Do you, Jesse Prince of Haven take this lovely woman," the priest took this moment to wink at the bride, "Myka of Tera to be your lawfully wedded wife to cherish, love, and respect from now into all eternity?" he asked.

"I do," Prince Jesse replied. The priest turned to the bride and asked, "Do you, Myka of Tera take this man, Prince Jesse of Haven to be your lawfully wedded husband to cherish, love, and respect from now into all eternity?"

Tears ran down her face as she said the words, "I do."

It was such a touching moment. Far more Romanic than the reunions that had taken place in the courtyard only days before. There was just something about a wedding that always had him in tears. He pulled the lilac handkerchief out of his jacket pocket. He used it to mop up his face. It would have to be replaced before the banquet of course, but had already planed on changing his entire ensemble before the feast. The new cloths were waiting in side room. As soon as the wedding was over he would oversee Myka and Jesse's outfit changes. Then he would see to his own before making sure that all the guests were seated for the Bride and Grooms big entrance. He had check and double check every arraignment only minutes before the wedding started. His last this had been to see his future Princess to her place on the red carpet leading up to the alter.

"You may kiss the bride," said the preacher.

Michel watched the couple join there love with their first kiss. He was balling now. His joy was brimming over in uncontrollable sobs. It wall all just so lovely!

The prince swept his bride into his arms and paraded down the isle. Michel hurried to get out of his seat. There were so many things left to do. Happily ever afters do not happen on their own he reminded himself. He stifled a last sob and then headed down the isle after the couple. Yes, there was just so much more to be done.

The End