Chapter 5: After Party

Ada squealed with joy

"Shhh!" said Myka. Sae eyes were glistening. Myka watched as a single tear streamed down Sae's cheek.

"It's just SO beautiful," whispered Sae. She was overwhelmed. Myka just rolled her eyes.

"Do you think it is safe Myka?" asked Ada. Both Sae and Ada turned to Myka then. Myka looked around.

"Yes, we have plenty of time," she said. All the servants had been sent out on the hunt. Everyone had totally forgotten about hall. Broken streamers flapped in the wind coming through the shattered window. Food and pieces of plates were scattered all across the table and around the floor. It truly was a beautiful sight. All that lovely mess and garbage. If Myka's thoughts had not been on the Prince, she might have been enjoying it more.

Sae went strait to the head table were the head and bones of the roasted pig lay on a silver platter. She started first with the eyes poking each one out swiftly with her middle and index fingers. Myka watched as Sae popped them into her mouth one at a time. Myka's own mouth watered. When was the last time she had had pig? She could not remember. The Sae was on to the cheeks of the beast. She used her four remaining teeth to gnaw on the cheekbones until all the meat was completely stripped from the head and ribs.

Ada ran strait to a pool of fresh cream that had gathered on the floor under the first table and started licking. The lush yellow/ white liquid glistened like pure gold in the rays of sun coming through the stain glass windows above them. The edges had crusted over but the center was still a liquidy gooey clump of pure luxury. The gold pitcher that had housed the cream was tipped on its side. It must have been knocked over during the Prince's escape.

Myka wondered what had happened to him. Had he made it out of town? Did he find a way to loose his scent so the dogs could not find him. If it had been dogs chasing her sisters and her Myka knew they never would have gotten away. Their scent was too strong. The humans could track them down let alone dogs. The only way to loose their sent was if they hid themselves well enough in a pile of garbage. There were no garbage heaps outside the city so Myka did not know how the Prince could escape. She hoped that he had escaped the tracker dogs though and the angry villagers that followed them. The town had called for all twenty-seven of its dogs for the hunt. They were not going to let the Prince get away if they could help it. Myka signed. If the Prince had been captured they servants would have been in here cleaning instead of her sisters and her. She had hope.

Most of all she had time. Myka brought her focus back to the present. Her sister Sae had found her way over to the crumbs under the main tables. There were little piece of but cake, lemon bars, carrot cake, chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts, half melted chocolate dipped ice-cream bars, coconut and walnut brownies all mussed in together around the floor.

She was whispering to herself, "Parmesan, cheddar, gouda, cheese, cheese! Wonderful cheese!"

Myka's mouth drooled at the half-eaten chicken corn on blue that Ada was munching down on. Cheese and ham dripped down Ada's face. Ada used her tong to lick it up before it ran too far away. She had finished the cream and was moving on to bigger and better things.