SHE IS A WILDFIRE - A PIECE WRITTEN BY ME

(( this is written from a high school boy's point of view, i can imagine he is a freshman or a sophomore ))

Dear Journal,

I can't talk to my friends about this, and I'd have to be out of it completely to talk to her about it, so I'm talking to you. Well, here goes. Last summer, I met this girl, and we spent the whole summer together. When school came around this year, she distanced herself from me. I don't know if it was because she didn't like me anymore or if it was because society didn't like me, but anyway, she left me. I didn't realize I was madly in love with her until she left, but my absence of my recognition of love for her is not the reason why she left me. Anyway, I know that boys hound her and that so many of them want her. She's not said yes to one guy who's drawn up the courage to ask her out, but sooner or later, she will. And when she does, that boy will have to deal with more than what he thought he bargained for. She's not difficult, just harder to keep up with than most.

Well, dear her future lover, there's a lot you need to know about her. So I've made a list.

She's faster than her thoughts, faster than her body- she often does things before she thinks of them, not just on impulse but on God's fuel.

She's often moody but if you offer her adventure, one that came straight out of a movie, she will perk up.

You'll find that you often don't know where she is, because she will not tell you- not because she's secretive, but because she'll often forget to, and she doesn't find her whereabouts to be your business all the time.

She gets bored easily, and if you're not the same, why are you with her?

She doesn't gripe much, but when she does complain, it's about human, animal and environmental mistreatment.

Even if you don't care about the nonsense she'll likely blab on about, pretend you do, because it will make her feel "like a gazillion new stars were born inside of her" (quoted from her.)

When you hate her the most, please love her.

When she's at her worst, with wild hair and mascara running down her chin, do not only comfort her, but make her feel like you can offer the world to her- but be careful, if it works too much, she'll expect the world from you more than usual.

Get off your phone when you're with her, even if she's doing nothing, I promise you will adore the way she smiles when the sun seems to intentionally beam down upon her skin.

She fears nothing but being in complete solitude, with nothing, not even herself around her.

Learn to play piano and serenade her, because she will sit atop the piano and sway and sing her own lyrics.

She is so adorably beautiful that sometimes you will want to drown her in juvenile kisses, while other times you will want to strip her and lay her down.

She is quite frankly everything that you are not, and you cannot underestimate her.

She is a tropical rainstorm while you are a tepid drizzle. She is a garden of wildflowers while you are a typical rose. She is a full table while you are the tablecloth.

But vice versa, she is a penny in a gold mine, a page in a sea of books.

Even more, if she was a wildfire, I was an old flame.

- the things I could not tell my friends (I'd have to be batty to tell her)

/ wolf