Chapter three

Michael waited by the front of the school for Luke. He was late, as per usual. He had only been tutoring Luke for a week now and he was late to his free period and after school nine out of ten times. Thankfully it was Friday and Michael only had to put up with Luke for two more hours.

Luke eventually showed up and didn't even look at Michael, he just walked straight past.

"You're late, again," Michael grumbled.

"Sorry that I have a life and friends to talk to," Luke replied as he left the school.

Michael left after him and instantly shivered, wrapping his arms around himself. It was cold outside and raining. Michael lifted his hood over his head and walked over to Luke.

"It's raining," Michael said to Luke.

"What do you want to me to do about it?" Luke spat as he unlocked his bike.

"I don't know," Michael trailed off, nervous. He really wanted to ask Luke if he could ride with him on his bike but he knew Luke would say no and just give him a hard time about it.

Michael sighed and started his walk to Luke. He tried to walk quicker than usual but the rain was already soaking him and his skirt and sweater were weighing him down. As he turned onto a street Luke sped past him through a puddle, sending water splashing his way. Luke just looked back at the even more wet boy and laughed.

Michael frowned and continued his walk to Luke's. It took him five minutes extra as he tried his best to avoid puddles. When he waked into Luke's he stood awkwardly and took off his shoes and dripping sweater, showing that he was only wearing a bralette. Luke looked over at Michael and raised his eyebrows, causing Michael to wrap his arms around himself self consciously.

Luke's mom walked down the stairs and looked between the two. "Luke? How is this boy soaking wet and you're just barely wet?" She asked.

Luke shrugged. "He doesn't have a bike."

"You could've let him ride on your handlebars or something, the poor boy is soaked!" Liz shrieked.

"Didn't think about it," Luke grumbled.

"Hold on sweetheart," Liz said, turning to Michael. "I'll get you something to change into."

"You are not going to give that freak some of my clothes!" Luke yelled.

Liz glared at Luke. "Yes I am, now grow up," She said and left.

Michael sighed and stayed where he was, he didn't want to drip onto Luke's carpe, but he was now shivering. Luke's mom didn't take long to come down and hand Michael a Nirvanna shirt.

"Sorry, but Luke's pants would be way too long for you so this is all I can give you," Liz apologized.

"This is fine, thank you," Michael mumbled and made his way to the bathroom.

He took off the bralette he was wearing and stood in the bathtub, squeezing out his skirt as much as he could. He then slipped on the shirt and looked at himself in the mirror. He smiled to himself, he liked the happy face on the shirt. 

The shirt was really big on him though, it reached passed where his skirt ended and hung down low on his arms. He was going to admit that it was comfy, though.

Michael left the bathroom and went to the kitchen where Luke was. Luke looked up and frowned.

"That was one of my favourite shirts," He grumbled.

"I'll give it back," Michael said, taking a seat.

"Don't worry about it, it has your feminine germs all over it, just keep it," Luke sighed.

Michael ignored him and took out the history textbook, laying it on the table.

"We left off on the legislative assembly, do you remember what it is?" Michael asked, looking at Luke and mentally sighing see as he was on his phone.

Luke kicked his feet up onto the kitchen table and shook his head. "I'm tired, therefore I'm not going to listen to any of the crap you say today. Not that I do every anyways."

Michael pushed Luke's feet roughly off the table, causing Luke to look at him with wide eyes. Michael smirked at his accomplishment and sat up straight.

"You are going to listen to me, Lucas. If you don't pass either your next math, history or geography tests I get fired, therefore, I don't get paid anymore and you don't pass high school," Michael said sternly, looking at Luke dead on.

"Don't fucking call me Lucas," Luke said.

"You are not incharge of me, Lucas. If anything, I am in charge of you, as I am practically your teacher and the objective of the job is for me to teach you," Michael said.

"Why do you need this job anyways?" Luke asked. "You obviously hate it, so why don't you just quit and get a different one."

"Because, Lucas," Michael said, causing Luke to roll his eyes.

Luke was actually shocked at Michael's sudden sternness. Michael was usually gentle spoken and quieter. He didn't know how he felt about it.

Michael continued talking. "It's just me, my mom and sister at home. My sister is five so she can't get a job and my mom has a job that doesn't pay all too well. This job pays well for one I can get at my age and I need the money to help my mom pay to have a roof over our head and food on the dinner table."

"Where's your dad?" Luke asked.

"We uh, I mean he left us," Michael said. "But don't give me pity, I don't need it. Especially from a douchebag like you."

"I wasn't going to give you pity," Luke rolled his eyes. "But that sucks, that he left."

"It doesn't matter, I don't care about it," Michael sighed. "Now can we get on with this already?"

I really like this story and have so much planned for it. Thank you already for the reads. I feel like this is going to be a good one :-)