Saving Sasuke

If she had been there, she could have stopped him. He would've listened to her, his sister, his twin.

But she wasn't there, and he had left. He had left the village despite a certain pinkette's efforts to make him stay.

~~~

Her eyes slowly opened to the light, she had finally escaped her mind.

"A-akako?"

She blinked, trying to get rid of the blurriness in her vision. As her eyes came into focus, she saw red hair and a pair of seafoam-green eyes staring back at her. "Panda-chan!"

"Akako!" He hugged her.

She sat up, hugging back. "I missed you..." She whispered.

"What do you mean, I never left your side."

"It was so lonely..." She sobbed. "I didn't know if I was going to come back..."

He drew circles on her back in an attempt to calm her down. "Shhh, it's okay. You're here now."

"Oh Gaara, I'm so sorry. I must've made you worried sick!"

"No, it's okay, it's my fault."

"Don't say that." She pulled away from his embrace much to both of their displeasure. "Don't ever blame yourself for what happens to me."

He put his hand on her cheek, using his thumb to wipe away her tears. "No matter what you say, I will always blame myself if something bad happens to you, because you are my light Akako, you are my light in this dark, broken down world."

She smiled. "Gaara..." She was interrupted as Temari burst in the room.

"Gaara, the fifth Hokage-sama has requested our presence."

"Yes Temari." He said at the same time she said, "Fifth Hokage?"

They both looked at her with sypathetic eyes. "Akako-san, your awake. I promise to explain everything soon, please rest."

"No, I'm fine." She pushed the covers back and stood up, immediately falling into Gaara's arms. "I'm fine I tell you." She said, stepping out of his arms.

"Akako stay here, I'll be right back." Gaara said.

"No, I'm coming with you."

He opened his mouth to speak but she shushed him. "No buts."

"We have to go." Temari said.

Gaara and Akako nodded.

Time to find out what happened to the third.

~Time skip to when they arrive at the Hokage tower~

"Alright you better explain right now where the third is and why you are sitting in his seat!" Akako said, storming in on a flustered looking Tsunade.

"Um, who are you?"

"I'm Akako, nice to meet you." She said sarcastically. "Now what the hell happened?"