The Runaway Subordinate

The night air was so thick that it could be sliced by a blade. The silver moon shining down on a pale figure running through the thick grasses in the forest. A owl was heard in the distance, making the blunette flinch.

She stopped in her tracks to look up at the stars twinkling in the sky. They felt close enough to touch, but she knew better than that. A small tear escaped her eye and shimmered in the moonlight as it made its journey down her tinted red cheek.

She took a deep breath as she began running through the thick undergrowth once again.

~~~

As Kakashi woke from his slumber, he felt unusually drowsy. He grunted as he got up from his sleeping position. He stretched, earning a pop from his back.

Looks like I'm getting a bit too old for this... Thought the 25 year old.

As Kakashi finished stretching and internally complaining about his age, he opened his eye to see the living room of the cabin. But something about it was off to him. It felt like a dream or hallucination, like the cabin wasn't real.

As Kakashi took a few cautious steps towards the kitchen, he felt a cool breeze pass on his neck. He tilted his head to see that the front door was wide open.

He walked towards the open door and peeked out into the bright morning.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Yelled a familiar blonde from behind.

Startled, Kakashi hit his head on the door frame. "What Naruto?" Kakashi asked drousily.

"What are we going to do today? I am so ready! Believe it!" Naruto pumped his fist in the air to show his excitement.

"Same as yesterday." Kakashi answered calmly.

Naruto frowned. "That's it?"

"No, if we get done quick enough, we might do some training."

Naruto smiled at the new information. "Well, I'll make sure I give anyone who dares come close a piece of my mind. Believe it!"

"Are you sure you won't need Akako's help?" A male bluenett asked sarcastically as he sauntered into the room, a smirk on his face.

Suddenly Kakashi felt a horrible pain in his head. It started small, but as he fell to his knees in agony, it grew. The pain made its way into the smallest corners of his mind.

What's happening? Kakashi thought to himself.

He opened his only visable eye to come face-to-face with a worried pinkette.

"Kakashi-sensei?" She yelled. "Kakashi, what happened..." Her voice began to drain out as the pain made its way further into his head. Darkness started to corner his vision.

Sakura's face was no longer clear, but barely visable. She began saying things that Kakashi couldn't make out, but the one thing he could understand was the hand signals she made and a simple word that escaped her lips as he passed out, "Dispel."

~~~

As Akako slowed down, she was sure that she was out of range of the group's patrol.

She let her breathing calm as she took in her surroundings she was in the center in a clearing, tall trees on all sides of her and a large boulder directly infront of her. The morning sun reflected the sun's rays off of the rock and straight into her eyes, but she ignored it, just as she ignored ths burning guilt in the pit of her stomach.

She sat on the rock and started to control her breathing, she had to be concentrated if she wanted to master what she was about to attempt.

All her life as a Genin and just a ninja in training, Akako hadn't been able to master many ninja techniques. She felt as if she needed to become stronger, she couldn't rely and her Instant-Defeat technique, as she called it, all the time.

As she stood up from her place on the rock, she gathered all her thoughts and pushed them to the back of her mind, preparing herself for the training that lied ahead.

~~~

As Naruto and Sasuke got Kakashi in their arms, Sakura instructed them to bring them to his room.

"What happened?" Naruto inquired.

"Someone placed a very strong gen-jutsu on his mind." Sakura answered calmly, although her eyes darting back and forth gave away her nervousness.

"Who?" The blonde asked, intrigued.

"No idea." Sakura breathed.

"Why?" Naruto pushed.

"I'm not 100%, but I'm almost certain that whoever did it wanted him to either forget something, or think it was a dream."

A silence passed between the three as they laid their sensei down on his bed, which was unusually clean and made up, as if he hadn't slept on it once.

"Where's Akako?" Sasuke asked, breaking the silence.

"She wasn't in our room this morning, maybe she's in the bathroom."

"No, I was just in there." Naruto said. "Maybe she went out for a morning jog."

"Maybe..." Sasuke mumbled. He had a strange feeling that this had something to do with her.

His suspicions were confirmed as Kakashi shot up, his visible eye peeled open, he opened his mouth and a single word escaped his mouth as he ran out of the room and down the hall, straight out the front door. And that word being the bluenett's very own name, "Akako."

~~~

A/N ~ Sorry about the note in the middle of the chapter, I just wanted to make that clear so I didn't get a bunch of comments on it. So I was going through all my previous chapters and tbh, they suck serious ass. After I'm done with this book, I'll probably go back and add more detail.

QOTD: What's your favorite band?

AOTD: I really like Black Veil Brides and Falling In Reverse, but a lot of other bands too like Mayday Parade and Sleeping With Sirens. What about y'all?

Bye pies, see ya next chapter ✌

~ Kairu