Chapter seven Crying and discovery

Start from the beginning

“I will when I’m better and can move around without those who are against the queen hindering me.” Saorise decided she should embellish her story further. She didn’t want him to keep asking her questions. If she can cover up how she ended up in the river with some half lies he would stop bugging her.

“In fact, I was sent away by the queen to deliver a message. One that would stop her from being involved in the current situation she is currently in. I failed to deliver the message. There were men on the road and they chased, almost ran me down with their horses. I managed to knock one off his horse. Then I got on it and rode away. The men were too fast and you saw the horse I rode. It was broken and was not as fast us the other horses. The chased me down to the bridge and the only thought I had was jumping in to the river. I didn’t wait much longer. I was afraid of what those men would do tome. So I jumped. The horse must have followed me and somehow pull me out of th river. The men after probably thinks I’m dead.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, I wonder if those men who killed Everish were the same ones chasing you?”

“Probably.”

“Your lucky to be alive then. When you get better, you’ll have to deliver that message.”

“It’s too late now. He’s going to marry the church and its my fault for not getting the message out in time. Now all I can do is go back to my queen and be there for her. I failed her but at lest with me being there I can make things easier for her with my presence.”

“When, your ready to go, I’ll go with you.You should have some protection just in case those people come after you again.”

“No there is no need. I don’t want to bother you at all.” Though she expressed that she didn’t want him with her. She felt thrilled that he would want to help her out, even if it could mean his life.

“Of course there is a need. I found you and I am responsible for you until you make it home safely.”

Did peasants really think this way she thought the low class were people who would never amount to much and just lived to serve the kingdom. She was more curios about the boy because of his behavior. “What do you think about the queen.”

“What’s there to think, she’s the queen and rules the kingdom. I’m low born so I never think too much on her affairs.” There was a pained expression in the boys face.

“You say that, but your face tells me something else.”

The boy looked away. “My father was a caster, he had an arrangement with the king before they both died. He promised to serve the king as long as he didn’t have to set up shop in the castle. It worked out well until he was asked to accompany the king and his family to some outing. You probably know the rest of the story. The king and his family died including retinue. My father died in the incident. Only the queen lived.”

“I’m sorry to hear of your loss, I had no idea that there was a caster accompanying them.”

“My father wasn’t flamboyant and would try to look the part of a normal commoner, I just wished that he was honored somehow. We were informed of his death a month after it had occurred. No one seemed to care much about him, nor did they care that he gave his life for the kingdom. I heard that the guards were honored along with the other nobles who were with them and lost there life. But my father was not.”

She was surprised that this boys father was a caster, she wondered if the dragon scale under armor was created by his dad. She felt her chest thinking to felt he texture of the scales under her be clothing, but found it was missing. It must have been removed when Sarah undressed her. No normal person would be wearing that vest so Sara may have an idea that she was no simple commoner. She hadn’t said anything yet about it. Was the woman keeping her secret for her?