Chapter 12 : The midnight...

Aaron kissed her goodnight and left. She was quite overwhelmed by Aaron's sweet little way of wishing. She decided to go to bed.
Next moment her phone buzzed. It was a message from Aaron.
"Hey sweetheart! Happy birthday.... I promise this day will be into your most awsome days spent ever.."
"Yes I know...." She texted back.
There was a sudden knock at the door.
Susan got up and checked for who was it, but she could not find anyone. She closed the door and went towards her bed.
Again she heard a knock. The same thing happend again.
Then there was a knock a third time. This time it was Aaron waiting at the door.
"Oh! Its you.... Why did you keep knocking and didnt turn up when I opened the door?"
"Me? I have just come dear. This is for you."

He sits on his knees and hands her a bouquet full of pink white n red flowers....
"Thankyou for coming into my life love.....", he said.
"Hmm.", she responded.
"Hmm??? Just hmmm??", he asked.
"Yes."
"What is it Susan?"
"Aaron I was wondering if you did knock the door just once, how come I heard it thrice."
"Your ears must be ringing .", he said amusingly.
"Im not joking Aaron I did hear the knock thrice."
"Ok ok I believe you Susan. I think you are tired and you should get some rest."
"Maybe I should."

Aaron kissed her forehead and left.

The moment he left Susan wasnt able to sleep even for a second. She still kept wondering about the door knock.

She kept changing her sides as she was restless and couldnt sleep.
She was facing the window.
The clock struck 1 and she suddenly saw a middle aged lady dressed in white, staring at her.

Susan couldnt take that look and she immediately turned the lights on.

That moment no one appeared at the window.
Again when Susan went to sleep the lady appeared at the same window again.

Susan called up Aaron and he rushed towards her room.

"Aaron there is someone at the window.", she said in a scared voice.
Aaron went around checking for it but could not find anyone.
"There is no one here Susan.",he said.
"Aaron I did see her trust me."
"Susan it must be a bad dream then."
"No Aaron!" She yelled.
"Will figure it out. Its ok calm down. You can go and sleep in Alexandria's room."
"Ok.", she said.

She went into Alexandria's room and decided to stay there for the night.
Aaron left and Susan turned off the lights.

Again at the window in Alexandria's room she saw the same lady staring at her.
Susan thought it was better to hide and she took the blanket over her and still was thinking about it but Sleep took over her......

How was it then?

Who is that lady?

Is she a ghost or Susan is dreaming?

Was she the one who knocked the door?

Get to know in the chapters ahead!
First of all Im extremely sorry for such a late upload as I was busy with my exams... But I promise to keep this story updated every week....
I hope you are not upset with me 😊
Keep loving and do vote and comment in if you like my work.

Happy reading😊

Regards,
Silentobserver 2020😘❤️

Sorry once again 🙈