XXIII - Mending the broken ties.

••| Chapter 23 |••

Sara:

"Will you Marry me?" He asked. Like he was asking Me? for God's sake? As if I was going to reject him. As if I would ever say no to him. He should have ordered me to marry him and I would have done it for I owed him my life, my everything. I didn't know where I got the strength and courage from but I felt my head bobbing up and down and I saw Ryan showing all of his teeth, grinning widely. I felt him sliding the diamond ring in my ring finger. It looked so odd and unfamiliar on my finger. He looked at me through happy tears. He held my face in his hands and rubbed his thumb on my cheeks. He traced every contour, every line of my face with his lips, leaving hot trails and burning every inch, setting me on fire. His lips reached the edge of my lips as he kissed the beauty mark there. He looked into my eyes and then my lips.

"May I? Fianceé?" He asked with a wink and my poor heart started doing somersaults. As if I had not already let him claim that.

Fianceé? What a beautiful feeling that was. This wonderful creation of God was saved for Me? Maybe God wanted to balance my life, to compensate my past pains that was why he sent Ryan in my life. God had chosen him for me. So we had to meet somehow.

I nodded. I granted him the permission to enter my soul and lock it up inside him for the rest of my life. My gut feeling was telling me that This is it. It was telling me to go for it. It was telling me to take the leap of faith. It was telling me that it was the only right decision I had ever made in my life.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I woke up late in the morning. Ryan was still asleep beside me looking too peaceful in his beauty sleep. I placed my head on his bicep and palmed his cheek, caressing it slowly. I leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose. I traced his chest with my finger tips, rubbing circles. I thought about last night and it was the most amazing night of my life. A blush crept on my cheeks. I got up and took a shower. When I got out, he was already awake and smiled at me. I gladly returned.

"Go and freshen up! I am preparing breakfast." I ordered and he nodded. I quickly got out before he could get up from the bed and try something else.
I prepared two cheese omelettes and 2 cups of coffee. Both of us sat there and had our breakfast.

"You're Glowing, My Darling!" He smirked at me.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious!" I shied away and he chuckled lightly. As I sat there feeding my kittens, I thought how drastically my life had changed. I was engaged to the person sitting beside me. Was he even a person? No. He was an angel. My Angel in disguise. I didn't plan it but now that I had completely fallen for this man, it seemed like the best decision of my life. He had completed my world. When I looked in his eyes, I saw the rest of my life in front of my eyes. I had finally found my angel. It was like I had woken from reality and now I was living the dream. I was no more a scared, vulnerable, depressed and broken soul. I was a strong and an independent woman who was going to conquer her every goal, every dream, every wish with this man by her side. My Man!

My cell phone beeped with the text tone. Nobody had texted me in all this time and now all of a sudden? I took a look at it and it was a text from Mom.

"What is it?" Ryan asked seeing the change of my expressions.

"Mom texted!"

"What? I mean how? Is she back?" He asked.

"Yes. And she wants to meet me."

"Don't worry. We'll go!" He squeezed my hand.

"But I don't want to." I whined.