[5]

Sam didn't have planned what he was going to say in case Roman opened the door at all. May have been stupid, since he only came to return her bracelet. But still.

Just about when he was going back to his cabin, he saw something gleaming, dug up on the ashes beside the bonfire. He bend down and picked the thing up, discovering it was a bracelet. It was silver, with little rubies. It had the word ρόμαν engraved in it. Roman in Greek.
Well, there was only one person he knew with that name.

He was originally planning to return it in the morning, but he couldn't sleep and something told him the young daughter of Eros would be awake too.

So there he was.

"Sam?" Roman mumbled, leaning against the doorframe, looking confused.

Sam gave a small awkward wave at the girl in front of him. He noticed she was sleepy, but alert, as if she just had a bad dream or something.

"Uh hey," he cleared his throat. Smooth. "I uh, I found this and I think it belongs to you," he said, showing her the bracelet. The girls' eyes widened as if she had just been stabbed in the back.

Sam noticed her struggling to find the words.

"Y-yeah, thanks. I've been looking for it...since... a long time ago..." She mumbled, gently taking the bracelet from his hand. She held it as if it was nuclear waste tho. She shakily put it on and looked up at Sam, giving him a small smile.

"Thanks, a lot." She nodded at him "this is very important for me...in a way..." She murmured, but Sam felt like she was saying it mostly to herself.

Sam nodded and smiled at her "you're welcome." He looked down at the girl.

Roman looked at him "why are you awake tho? It's like 1:00 in the morning," she asked in a hushed voice.

Sam felt his cheeks heat up. What was he supposed to say again? Oh you know, I couldn't sleep so I began to think about you, then remembered the bracelet and brought it here because I knew you were awake. Uh, no.

He shrugged "i couldn't sleep so i...decided to bring it to you. I didn't know if you would be awake." He lied slightly.

The girl looked at him, as if scanning for any lies. But she seemed to let it pass. She nodded "well thank you." She said and focused on something behind him "uhh I don't wanna scare you considering you're new to all of this but...you should really go now if you don't want to be eaten alive by a harpy." She shrugged.

Huh?

Sam's eyes widened "oh right!" He said quickly and looked at her "bye!" He said hurriedly and bent down, leaving a small kiss on her left cheek. Way to go Sam.

Roman's eyes widened as she blushed, placing a hand on her cheek. Sam cursed himself loudly "i-I'm sorry I didn't m-mean to uh- you know, bye!" He said in a quick tone and rushed off, leaving a blushing and very confused daughter of Eros standing there.

He sighed and groaned as he ran to his cabin "way to go Hallows. You creeped her out now." He mumbled to himself quietly, sneaking back into the Apollo cabin. Everyone was asleep. Great. He carefully closed the door and tiptoed to his bunk.

"Where were you?" A harsh whisper startled him as his heart started beating faster. He turned around and sighed in relief when he saw it was his new younger half sister, Lily-Rose, the head counsellor of the Apollo cabin.