[9]

There were different reactions from her friends to her statement. Roman had expected all of them.

Draco gave a sarcastic chuckle, but Roman could detect the nervousness in his tone "targeted? You mean like someone wants to hunt us down?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

She opened her mouth to speak but Brooke beat her to it "yes! Just think about it. First, Roman didn't have any dreams for some nights, and we all know that's unusual. And I know Roman's a smart girl, she wouldn't do that to herself. Not even by accident." He pointed at Roman's bandaged leg "Then, someone tries to impale Katherine with a sword."

Ashton nodded in agreement "he's right. All the evidences point that there's someone who clearly doesn't like you guys. It's just a matter of time before someone gets attacked again." He nodded his head.

Kasen, Indigo and Sam were deep in thought, as if the three of them were trying to see behind the intentions of whoever was harming them.

A voice interrupted the horrible silence that fell upon the group.

"Hey Sam, Ashton, I need you for a second." Lily-Rose's voice called from the door of the infirmary. The two boys looked at each other before strutting over to her and walking inside.
Before the door closed, Roman heard Lily-Rose asking Ashton one question. The question that turned everything around.

"This isn't a Greek armoury sword, is it?"

Roman glanced around at her friends. Everyone was silent again, but you could feel the tension radiating off the group.

As she decided to make the situation less heavy, she spoke up.

"So...did Chiron cancel capture the flag or-" she started but was cut off yet again, this time by a disappointed looking Draco.

"Why did you lie to me?" He asked, his voice alarmingly low and cold. Roman knew exactly what he meant. She had told him she accidentally cut her leg when training, because she knew what of a protective and stern friend Draco was.
She didn't want him to worry. No. But she knew he also hated being lied to.

The daughter of Eros stuttered out about 5 apology sentences before shutting her mouth and looking down to the ground.

"Why did you lie to me?" He repeated, seeing he wasn't getting a response. As Roman stayed quiet, his patience became thinner "answer me! Don't make me charmspeak you." He said, voice louder

Everyone flinched. Draco wasn't usually like that. Always with his jock personality, it seemed abnormal when he got serious about his friends. No one moved, or said a word.

Roman looked up from the ground to see that the moment had just only made the ambient much heavier. But she wouldn't allow that. She had to be strong. For her friends, and for herself. And if she couldn't be, at least pretend to have in control the situation. It's what she always did anyways.

"Can we not do this now?" She spat out, even surprising herself with the tone she used. "Katherine is on a critical state, there is someone after us and we don't even know who it is or what do they want from us. And we clearly have to find out both question marks before someone gets hurt again. I believe we can obviously have this conversation later by ourselves." She told Draco, holding his stare with difficultly, his blue orbs being alarmingly dazzling but at the same time intimidating.

They held the stare for about a minute, in an intense staring competition in which neither of them wanted to look away. Didn't want to show any signs of weakness. Finally, the son of Aphrodite gave in, as he took a deep breath and grunted "fine." He hissed and backed off from the group a bit