[2]

Katherine was the first one getting there. Roman was leaning against a tree outside the dinning pavilion when she saw the daughter of Hades approaching her.

"Oh look! A wild Katherine is approaching! Such a rare species." The daughter of Eros gasped, pointing at her best friend as she walked to her.

Katherine rolled her eyes when she approached the other girl "and you wonder why, why do we treat you like a kid." She said, earning a glare from the girl beside her. But the dark brunette ignored it. "Why did you need us?" She asked Roman.

Roman grinned widely, as she looked at her best friend "who said I needed you? Maybe I summoned you all because I'll murder you in the woods." She said.

The daughter of Hades gave her the 'I don't like jokes' look and Roman got serious "right uh, capture the flag is in three days and the teams already have been chosen." She shrugged. "I'll explain when everyone is here."

Minutes passed as the others came. Kasen, followed by Brooke, then a couple of minutes later, Calcey and Draco.

"Okay so, Red team is leaded by the Ares cabin, and has Athena, Hypnos, Nike, Apollo, Iris, Tyche, Hebe, Dionysus, and Nyx. But the blue team will be leaded by the Aphrodite cabin, and we have Hermes, Demeter, Poseidon, Hades, Hephaestus, Hecate, and Nemesis."

Brooke frowned "but they're ten, we only have 8 cabins...is that even allowed?"

Roman shrugged "they have minor gods as majority tho, it won't be hard to beat them." She nodded. She wasn't so sure why she was that confident, Brooke was right, they were more and could beat them as well.

Once again, she felt the cold stare of the daughter of Hermes.

Draco stepped forward "I can help the other cabins on the training for capture the flag tomorrow." He offered. Roman noticed Kat giving a smirk, bigger than the cheshire cat's and lightly nudged Kasen forward.

"Kasen can help," she said, smirking as the boy's cheeks heated up. What were those two up too?

'Just probably hiding more stuff from you' she thought miserably but shrugged it off. She'd ask later.

Draco nodded "Kasen and I will train them tomorrow."

Roman nodded "see you all tomorrow then." She said, as they all walked to their cabins.

Katherine and her walked together.

"So...what was the...the whole 'Kasen will help' thing?" Roman asked her cautiously.

Katherine grinned and looked at her "turns out little Kasen has a crush." She said.

Roman let that slowly sink in and grinned "wait...really?" She grinned wider "no way," she chuckled.

When they got to cabin 13, Hades cabin, they stopped at the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, you still own me a muffin from breakfast." Katherine winked and entered her cabin, waving at her friend before closing the door.

Roman smiled a bit and walked to her own cabin.

---------

"But lord Zeus, please, the kid doesn't deserve this."

The God of desire stood in the throne room, in front of Zeus, God of lighting and King of the gods, holding a baby in his arms.

"She wasn't supposed to be born and you know it! You've disrespected the Olympus and me! She shall pay what I say." Thunder lit up the dark skies.

"Roman Lovelace, you shall be cursed, if not executed, for getting in the way of fate. The curse I give to you is, you shall never feel love! Otherwise, you will watch everyone you care and cherish, die in front of you." The God of lighting said, as he pressed a hand to the baby's forehead.

The baby cried out as lighting stroke her little body. Lighting flashed, every time showing a different vision of dead bloodied up bodies. A laugh echoed through the room as the thunder became louder and the room seemed to get smaller.

---------
Roman woke up and sat up on her bed quickly, sweaty, her heart pounding quickly against her ribcage and her eyes wide.

She shouldn't have been that surprised or scared, she had the same nightmare every night. It haunted her since she was 4 years old.

But something was different this time...

She looked down and saw her own dagger, Desideriis, dug inside her leg.

"No..." She managed out weakly

As soon as she saw it, the wave of pain and shock hit her like a truck. She winced loudly and carefully took the dagger out, moaning in pain as she did so.

She didn't understand, how did that happen? She always placed Desideriis under her pillow before going to sleep just in case something happened,

But it ending up cutting the veins in her leg? She couldn't have possibly done that herself while asleep.

Roman slowly lifted up the sheets to see them dyed with a red blood colour. She was used to see other people's blood but for some reason, seeing hers made her feel dizzy.

She shakily placed the dagger on her dressed and reached out, got out of bed with difficulty, limping to the bathroom, leaving a trail of blood on the floor of her cabin.

---------

"So...how did you exactly got that cut again?" Draco asked Roman as they sat at the beach, watching the waves.

She bit her lip "i told you, I was training." She said, as she unconsciously covered the bandaged spot on her lower leg with her hand.

Roman didn't exactly know how to explain what happened and how it happened, and she was sure that even if she found an explanation, her friends wouldn't believe her.

The son of Aphrodite didn't seem to believe her but he didn't push it, thing Roman was grateful for. She didn't want to have to explain right in that moment.

"So, how did it went with Kasen at training the others?" Roman asked, looking at the blonde haired boy, wanting to change the topic as soon as possible.

Draco shrugged "okay I guess, there are some really good warriors. Although my cabin didn't help much." He chuckled.

Draco was anything but like his siblings. He wasn't shallow, sure he had his times like Brooke or any other Aphrodite children, but he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Roman smiled a bit and nodded. She suddenly caught a movement from the corner of her eye and her hand went instantly to the hilt of her dagger on her belt.

A bird came out flying from some bushes as Roman relaxed and glared at Draco, who was laughing loudly, holding his stomach.

"Y-you thought-...and then you- and t-the bird!" He managed out in between laughs. Roman scoffed and stood up, rolling her eyes.

"Whatever. I'm gonna go to Kat." She mumbled as she walked away, leaving a laughing blonde boy on the sand.