[1]

The sound of chatting demigods could be heard from the border of camp. Laughter and voices echoed through the hills. The sun was setting, the sky turning into a beautiful mix of colours. Orange, purple and blue.

The young daughter of Eros looked up from her dagger, as soon as she heard the tumbling sound of the conch, signalling dinner had started. The brunette was sitting under a tree, near the creek.

Roman carefully strapped Desideriis back into the sword belt attached to her leg  and got up, jogging to the dinner pavilion.

As she was passing by the cabins, voices interrupted her quiet jogging.

"Let me go! I gave you my dessert last dinner! Please boys?!" A desperate voice said. Unfortunately, Roman recognised that voice. She sighed as she made her way over.

Standing beside the Poseidon cabin, were Jaxon and Mark, the Ares twins, and her best friend Kasen Trail, son of Neptune, being held up against the cabin by the other two.

"No can do Twinkie." Jaxon said. Or was that Mark? Honestly she could rarely tell them apart.

She sighed deeply, catching the boys' attention. Kasen glanced at her, his eyes screaming for help. 

While Jaxon and Mark...well she really couldn't tell what their expressions said since their faces were always scrunched up- kinda as if they were always upset. Who knows, maybe they were.

"Alright boys, let him go," she said said simply as she walked over to them slowly.

One of the twins snorted "why should we do so, Lovelace? You think we're afraid of the daughter of the baby man who wears diapers?" He said as the other bursted out laughing.

Roman could have cared less about the insult, she was honestly used to them. Besides, they were pretty lame in her opinion.

She chuckled lowly and placed a hand over the hilt of her dagger at her side threateningly "oh really? You guys didn't think that at capture the flag last Friday." She comment innocently, watching the colour drain off the twins's faces.

She smirked, knowing she had hit a spot. Last Friday, at capture the flag, her team, the blue one, leaded by the Apollo cabin and herself, had won the game over the red team, leaded by the Athena and Ares cabins. Neither of those two were happy about it.

They looked at each other and grunted, before the one that was holding Kasen let him go slowly. As they walked away, one of them stepped forward furiously, making the son of Neptune jump back.

The girl chuckled as Kasen made his way over to her, mumbling to himself.

"Not a word about this, got it Lovelace?" Kasen told her trying to sound threateningly, but failing to do so. 

Roman grinned widely and placed an arm around the boy's shoulders "relax Kay, it's not like everyone already knows. I save your skinny ass on a daily basis." She said playfully, receiving a glare from her best friend.

She ignored it, making the sandy haired boy scoff jokingly. "Come on, let's go to dinner." She said as they walked to the pavilion.

As they got closer, the sound of talking demigods got louder. At the entrance, Katherine Diable, daughter of Hades was waiting for them, leaning against the wall, looking very pissed off.