The Instant Attraction

Caleb POV:

I groggily woke up in a daze, I barely remember coming home late last night. I remember quietly walking inside. Mom already went to bed so I went upstairs and fell asleep.

I sighed and ran my hand through my bed head hair and looked at the time, 10:30 am.

I shook my head and pulled on a pair of sweatpants on my floor next to me, hopefully Mom will still be sleeping when I go to grab some breakfast. I opened my door and listened out for her, so far so good.

I crept down the stairs and headed into the kitchen heading towards the cereal cabinet.

"Caleb." My mother said behind me and I froze.

I could tell by her attitude that she wasn't happy and by the hole being burned into my back was obviously another sign that she was angry. I turned around and smiled at her but dropped as soon as I saw the tired red eyes and her hand on her hip I stopped.

"Do you know what time you got home last night Caleb?" She snapped.

I shook my head and decided to let her lecture me inside of wasting my time arguing.

"It was 3 in the morning when you stumbled inside Caleb, You know I like you home by 1. You're not your father Caleb, you can't just come home anytime you want." She yelled and I glared at her.

"Don't compare me to that asshole. It won't matter anyway soon because at the rate you're going I'll be sent off to live with him anyways." I snapped.

I watched tears fill her eyes as she looked at me guiltily. I slammed the cabinet door closed and walked past her, dodging her attempt to grab my arm. She has no right to yell at me when she was the one letting that deadbeat try to take me away.

I slammed my bedroom door closed and paced around angrily, she's always doing that. Whenever she's really stressed she tries to be the world's best mother and we end up fighting.

Suddenly my phone began ringing disturbing my inner rant and I answered.

"Hello?" I growled pausing my pacing.

"Hey Cal, what's a matter with you? Rough morning?" He said cheerily. 

I sighed and sat down on my bed shaking my leg in annoyance.

"No I did not have a rough morning, I had a fight with my mom." I said and I heard Trevor pause. He knew how much we've been fighting since the divorce started.

"Come hang out, It'll give you guys both space to breathe." He ordered. I sighed, he was right. Sitting in my bedroom all day will only result in another fight.

"Alright I'll come over." I said and stood up grabbed some fresh clothes.

"Good. See you soon" He said and hung up.

I quickly got dressed and grabbed my car keys off my nightstand, hopefully she went back in her room. I swung open the door and shuffled down the stairs, she was now back inside her room as I left the house and jumped into the car heading to Trevor's.

I pulled into the familiar driveway and parked the car. Trevor always did know how to make me feel better. I got out of the car and saw Nonnie in the garden kneeling over some tomatoes.

"Hey Nonnie where's Trevor?" I asked and she looked up at me with a smile.

"He went to go take a walk, I can call him if you want?" She offered but I shook my head.

"No that's okay I'll find him myself. Bye Nonnie" I said and she waved as I walked towards the path. 

This would be good practice for my newfound werewolf skills. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, I could smell Nonnie, the remnants of Bonnie the dog, Ryan and finally Trevor.