Masks; Chapter 8

It was Halloween soon and everyone was dressing up and going to a party with all the big stars. One Direction, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Maroon 5... You name it, they were there. You were only invited if you were a star or were a friend of the star, or you wouldn't have a chance of getting in. You needed a ticket, the invitation, to get in, or you weren't allowed into the party, no matter how much money you gave the bouncer.

But frankly, Louis and Harry weren't aware of this.

Both boys showed up, but at different times, in their costumes. The bouncer glared at them as they walked up, hand held out, expecting the ticket, but getting nothing. So both boys stalked off into the night, sitting on different sides of a large water fountain. Louis was dressed up as Puss in Boots, black boots to his knees, a cat tail, a black cape, a belt with a long, thin sword, black dress shirt and pants, and of course his black hat with small ears and mask over his eyes. Harry had gone as if he was from a masquerade ball, a nice suit on his body with a capturing black mask that made his green eyes shine. He even had Lou slick back his hair so now curls weren't very evident.

But the boys didn't know that the other was sitting only yards away from them.

That is until Harry stood up.

He grabbed a small rock from the ground and threw it, hearing it hit something then a small "ow!" He furrowed his eyebrows, walking over to see someone holding the back of their head, cursing. "I'm so sorry!" Harry apologized quickly, and the boy looked up.

Harry knew those eyes...

"It's fine," the boy smiled. "Just don't go throwing rocks until you know who you're through them at, mate." The boy chuckled, cringing as he pushed a bit against the now forming bruise.

Harry shook his head, ignoring the act to lighten up the mood. "It's not fine, you're hurt," he said, and the other boy shook his head, standing up.

"It's really okay," he told Harry. "I better be going. I'm sorry to hold you up." He brushed past Harry, keeping his head down as he walked in the other direction.

"Wait!" Harry shouted after him. "I never caught your name!"

But he was gone.

His mystery boy was gone.

• • •

Louis walked into his hotel room, the green eyed boy still fresh in his head.

He was beautiful.

Louis cursed himself for even thinking like that. The last time he fell in love with someone, he ended up getting his heart broken. He had vowed to never become attached again to someone after Harry, but it was impossible.

The boy was gorgeous.

With his bright green eyes, slicked back hair, and a suit that defined his body well, another boy immediately came to mind.

Harry.

That perfect devil.

Louis sighed in frustration as he fell onto his bed. He needed to stop becoming so attached to people so easy. He always just ended up broken in the end. So why did he even bother?

He looked to the bedside table where a picture frame sat. He took the object in his hands, biting his lip at the picture.

It was a picture of that curly idiot that he just couldn't get over and a quote his mother would always tell him was tucked into the corner of the frame.

"Love is always worth the heartbreak. Never give up on who or what you love."

Suddenly a water droplet fell onto the glass, slipping down it slowly. Another droplet fell, but onto the paper, causing the ink to swirl into many different colours. He reached a hand up to rub at his eye-he was crying.

He bit his bottom lip, taking the picture frame and throwing it across the room, the glass shattering and falling to the floor in pieces. Louis whimpered, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Why did I ever play that stupid game?"

-------------------

YAY NEW CHAPTER