Humiliated I picked up my shirt, slipping it on I did up the first few buttons and found my bag from where I had dropped it when he grabbed me and closing the door, I refused to cry. I pressed the elevator button a million times, stopping before I broke it and did up the rest of the buttons on my blouse. The light remained on the ground floor despite my demands for it to come up and I contemplated taking my heels off and taking the stairs. So I pressed the button a few more times, hoping it wouldn’t come to that.

“Bec? Wait!” Finally the light began the ascent up the levels as Beau came running down the hall. “Don’t go!”

“What now Beau? What could you possibly want now?” I yelled, not caring if there were other people up here. There were only three doors so the chances of the suites being all in use had to be unlikely.

“I want you and for there to be an us. I want to trust you, I really do. Please don’t leave.”

“Why me Beau, that night at the party why me? You said you saw me before you came over, so it wasn’t because I was alone.”

“You reminded me of someone, I was just curious to see if you were like her. That’s all, I promise. You’re so much more than what I expected to find.”

“Just tell me one more thing.” He hesitated, nodding as one of the doors opened in the room opposite his and Sticks’ head appeared. I forgot about the rest of the band.

It made sense they’d all be on the same level.

“Can I trust you?”

His hand came up to my cheek and I leaned into his touch involuntarily and since I didn’t reject him, he half smiled as his eyes became clearer. “You can trust me.”

“Beau? Oh, Rebecca isn’t it?” Sticks interrupted before we could seal our deal with another kiss and I nodded as Beau turned staring daggers at his drummer. “What’s going on man?”

“None of your business,” Beau warned and I remembered the cold reception he gave seeing Beau with me on the balcony at the party too.

“Here on business Rebecca or is Beau here living up to his reputation?” My eyes widened slightly and before I could answer Beau pressed the elevator button again.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for tonight.” He kissed my forehead yet I couldn’t enjoy it. Instead I only nodded and looked at Sticks who kept his face expressionless. I could just imagine how it all looked to him too, and that only made me feel even more embarrassed.  Stepping into the elevator I finally headed home, understanding why nobody likes Mondays.

-

On Tuesday morning I messaged Beau and by Friday I stopped. Not wanting to seem eager, I limited myself to a morning and night message as well as one night time call, not that it mattered as he never answered. Before I left work on Friday, I checked their schedule to find they were only a state over and had been booked in for one photo shoot and another nightclub opening, which wasn’t overly demanding at all.

Friday night had Jess heading over to her parents for the weekend before she started her work prac, and John decided to do the same with our own parents now work had fallen back into a normal kind of routine with the new office set up completed. Not willing to be compared to my brother or told how lucky was he got me a job, I stayed home curled up on the lounge with take away, wine and the book boyfriend who never disappointed, Brock McDougal.

-

“No matter what happens, you’ll always be my girl” Brock promised and taking a deep breath I nodded, not letting him see the panic I felt watching him go into the meeting room.