Just Give Me a Reason pt. 2

Thomas's POV

We can learn to love again.

I heard the door slam to my apartment, I jumped up and saw that the person who slammed the door was Newt who was now grumbling something incoherent while taking off his shoes and coat.

I came over to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind while giving him a quick kiss on the neck. I frowned when I didn't see his down expression change to a more calm one.

"How was your day, Newt?" I asked softly.

"Just fuckin' dandy. My dumbass boss wants me to rewrite the whole column I wrote because 'it didn't have enough drama'."

Newt works for a big New York paper, he loves his job but he doesn't like being told his work isn't good enough for some silly reason. He almost got fired a couple years ago for arguing with his boss that his piece was perfectly fit for the paper. But, Newt is by far the best writer they have so he wouldn't let him go.

"You know how he can be, Newtie. Just quickly rewrite it and he'll be off your back."

"Oh, so now you think that what I wrote wasn't good enough too, huh?" He sneered, stepping out of my hug.

"What? No, don't put words in my mouth. I just said to rewrite it the way your boss wants it, then it'll all be over with."

"Which is practically saying that what I wrote wasn't good enough. Well, you can't be talking, hun, you're not to good yourself." He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at me.

I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean when we moved in together, you promised you would find a job while going to school! Now, you just quit your old one and lazing around when you don't have classes! Find a job!" He yelled.

"You think I'm lazing around when I don't have classes? No, I'm looking online and in newspapers to see any job openings. I'm also going to interviews and cleaning this apartment! Everyday when you come home I have to deal with your whining and complaining about how much you hate your boss!" I retorted.

Newt walked around me and into the living room. He went to our bedroom and slammed the door shut. I growled and tugged at my hair in frustration. I slipped on some shoes and and put on my coat and walked out the door. I left our apartment building and started walking away. I pulled my hood over my head and walked to the nearest park which was located only a few blocks away from my apartment complex. This park holds a lot of memories of relationship building with Newt.

*

When I arrived at the park I found the bench that I met Newt at. He was sitting there on a nice day with a cool breeze reading a book. He was wearing a tan shirt and black skinny jeans that made his legs look long, and might I say, attractive. His golden hair was ruffled slightly from the breeze which made him look irresistible to me, even though I couldn't see his entire face. I couldn't take my eyes off him, and lucky for me his eyes were glued to the book. I sat on the opposite side of the bench while looking at him from the corner of my eye. I couldn't really see his whole face, so I decided to make a bold move."

"So, you like books that you read?"

I didn't say it was a smart move.

The mystery boy looked up at me and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw his glimmering eyes. The next thing I knew, I was doubled over coughing from a lack of oxygen. I must've forgotten to breathe.

"Hey, are you all right?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"I'm f-fine. Heh, sorry about that." My face heated up and I scratched the back of my neck.

He started laughing, it was like beautiful music to my ears. I never wanted his laughter to end and I never wanted to stop staring at his gorgeous smile.

"You're cute." He chuckled, wiping a tear from his eye.

"I'm Thomas." I said, sticking out my hand.

"Newt." He replied, taking my hand and shaking it.

*

After that fateful day, one thing led to another and now we've been dating for about three years. He's always been as beautiful as that first moment I saw him. I sat down on the bench and looked up at the darkening sky with blurry eyes.

This was definetly not out first fight. We've had plenty before, but this was the first fight that Newt actually, in a way, called me useless. He knows I've always been there for him, and I know that he's just pissed off at his boss. We both just need some alone time to calm down.

I glanced down at my watch. I jumped up when it read twelve at night. Newt must be worried sick about me, I've been gone for hours. I put my hand in my pocket, wanting to grab my phone but it wasn't there. I must've forgotten it at home. I ran out of the park and sprinted home. I went into the apartment and as soon as I closed the door, Newt ran in from the living room, a look of worry on his face. When Newt saw it was me, he wrapped his arms around my neck in a forgiving hug. I hugged him back and kissed his shoulder sweetly.

"Where were you?" He asked, his voice shakey.

"I was just in the park. I lost track of the time, I'm sorry I made you worry." I replied, placing a kiss on his temple.

"No, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I know all that you do for me and I just let my anger get to my head."

I pressed my lips against his. "It's all right. I forgive you." I murmered.

"I love you Newt." I smiled.

"I love you too, Tommy."

He smiled that beautiful smile I fell for.

There's part two^-^ Sorry that took a while, and it sort of got off track from the song too. But at least it's cute.

Thanks for reading!
~October