Greatest Fear

Hope you guys had a good holiday! :)

Newt's POV

A loud roar woke me up, I shot up from the dusty ground of the Scorch and looked around with side eyes. The last thing I remember was when those people saved us from WICKED. Everything past that is dim. How did I get back out here?

I seemed to be in a city, or what remains of one. The large buildings had huge holes in their sides and most of the windows were crashed. There was dusty rubble scattering the roads and dented cars. There were lots of small fires heating up the air and making it close to unbearable. I rolled up my sleeves and wiped my sweaty forehead with he back of my grimey hand. Suddenly, something came to me; where was everybody?

"Minho? Tommy?" I yelled, cupping my mouth.

I heard a quiet shuffle come from behind me. I spun around and saw nothing but a big pile of rubble. I walked up to it cautiously, preparing for something to jump out.

"Guys?" I asked.

Something thing erupted from the rubble, screaming hoarsly. I jumped in suprise and the thing tackled me. I hit the ground and lost my breath for a second.

"Who are you?" The person growled, pinning my hands down.

"Let go of me, you bloody shank!" I shouted, still struggling.

"D-did you just say 'bloody shank'?" He asked.

"Yeah? So?"

"Newt?"

I stopped struggling and actually looked at my attacker. He looked slightly familiar, it had dark brown hair to his shoulders, but it was matted down with dried blood. His clothes were all torn up and he had scars littered over his body. He also had a skinny face and familiar deep brown eyes.

"T-Thomas?"

"Newt, is it actually you?" He whispered.

"It's me."

Thomas scrambled away and started shaking.

"H-how.. why.." he stuttered.

"Tommy, what happened to you?"

"What happened to me? I think you know, traitor!" He growled, pouncing on me again and putting his hands around my neck.

"What are you talking about?" I said, trying to get Thomas off me.

"Look at what you did to me! How could you do that to Minho, Teresa, Frypan!" He yelled.

"Tommy! Tell me what happened!" I shouted.

He stopped trying to strangle me and looked into my eyes, looking for the truth in them.

"You really don't know, do you?"

"No, I don't Tommy."

"Well then," Thomas climbed off me. "This is what happened. You betrayed us to WICKED. You were on their side the whole time and you have away out position to them. They came and took us. You got it off easy. They just did a few tests with you and you helped them figure out a cure. But what Paige did to the rest was horrible."

Thomas started shaking again. A tear escaped and ran down his dirty skin.

"She killed them right in front of me. She needed to observe my brain in deep trauma, so she killed them. Shot Minho, Teresa, and Frypan right in the head," He tapped the middle of his forehead. "Then I had the right brainwaves. They could make a cure, but it would take years. Once they were done with me, they threw me out into the Scorch and left me to fend for myself."