24

"maddy." harry hisses and grabs the blonde's arm forcefully. his veins almost popping on his neck.

"what the fuck?" she retorts and tries to remove harry's grip.

"where the fuck is louis?"

"how should i know!?" she yells.

harry has dragged her outside of the party, to where people barely go.

"louis is not with me, okay?" maddy sighs and runs her hand through her blonde hair, frustrated.

"zayn was here."

madison was taken aback. she didn't plan on telling them but, they might have seen him. how else would they know?

"harry, zayn is not gonna do anything to your boyfriend!" madison stomps her feet.

"then what!? you think louis would just leave me like that?" harry's eyes were red, on the brink of tears.

he can feel the lump on his throat get worse as he thinks of any possible reason to why louis would leave.

"harry, don't think of it that way."

"he left. without even telling me so." harry walks backward, tripping on his own feet.

"harold."

harry waves, as if dismissing everything they have talked about. and madison felt bad. she should've told them about zayn.

---

"pretty boy," a male voice called out to louis.

he turned around just to see the man standing on the podium earlier. he couldn't remember his name.

it starts with 'c'... he thought hard.

"calum." he reached to shake his hand.

louis gripped his hand firmly, giving him the handshake he wanted.

"right, calum." he smiles, "happy birthday, mate."

calum grins and takes back his hand after the handshake.

"so, what's a pretty boy like you doing here?" he paused, "outside, i mean."

"oh, i'm not a fan of parties... or... for now atleast." he shrugs.

calum pouts, "that stings."

louis chuckles and turns to face calum, the birthday boy.

they ended up talking about sports, music and life in general. not minding the loud music and the voice of an english man calling out for his lover.

"louis." harry says breathless as he stumbles upon the two of them talking.

falling down on his knees out of exhaustion, his eyes fixated on his boy and the aussie. he can feel his heart break and drop a million times. much worse than with zayn. because, he knows zayn and this guy? he doesn't. he can barely remember the name.

he watches as the boy makes louis laughs, the laugh he loves.

"louis?" he whimpers.

but the older lad couldn't hear him. he was to fixated on the flirty birthday boy.

"harry? are you okay?"

he turns, his eyes red from rubbing and crying. his ex-best friend stood there wearing a leather jacket over his white shirt. still the old zayn.

"zaynie." he stood up and went to hug zayn. his knees wobbly.

zayn was frozen, his feet rooted. he was shell-shocked to hear harry call him by his nickname. zaynie. he wrapped harry in his arms and cooed. he tried his best to make him calm.

"why does everyone have to like my louis?" he sobs hysterically.

"i... i don't."

"liar." he sniffs and hits him on his chest weakly.

"haz." he strokes his hair, calming the curly lad, "i'm here."

harry didn't mind if people see them this way. he was his best friend, and he needed someone to calm him down. to hug him tightly.

he needs someone and zayn is available.

"thank you." he sniffs.

---

okay! hello! i'm sorry for the short update. i just wanted to make it up to you all.

500+ reads! like WOW.

that's not what i expected at all, but thank you anyways. keep reading and voting! thank you!

also, our school already started so... i can't promise to keep updating but i'll try balancing my time for this story and my school shit. hehe okk

till next time <3

all the love! xx