Grumpy Morinings

Chapter 14

Sahara POV: 

When I awoke in the morning he was still there, curled around me, keeping me warm. His head was resting in the crook of my neck and his arms wrapped all the way around me. The analog clock on the bedside table next to me read 7:45, and I was anxious to brush my teeth and other morning necessities. I moved his arm that was over my waist so that it was behind me. Next, I moved the pillow so that his head was resting on the pillow not my neck. 

I had almost gotten all of the way out of the bed when a hand grabbed my wrist, “Where do you think you’re going,” he whispered to me. 

“To the bathroom.” I replied 

“I guess that I can let you go there, but I expect you back in this bed the minute that you are done,” he growled into my ear, huskily.

I giggled, “Are you sure that that’s a good idea.”

“I believe that it’s the best idea that I have had in hours.”

“Really?” I asked him in a teasing voice.

“Defiantly.”

I giggled again before jumping away and running into the bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I took a deep breath. Whatever was making me feel this way towards Ryker was ridiculous. Forty-eight hours ago I had hated the man, and now I was flirting with him! 

I finished up in the bathroom and walked back into the bedroom. Ryker was waiting in the bed with both of his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling like it would tell him how to cure cancer. 

“Hey” I whispered.

“Hey.” He said back, looking over at me.

I walked over to him, slowly. “I was thinking that we could talk some while eating breakfast.” 

“I liked my idea. We can talk here.”

“But what if I didn’t like your idea?” I teased.

“Then I’m just going to have to change your mind,” he told me, jumping out of the bed and scooping me into his arms.

He settled us down on the comforter. I was still tucked into his chest. Moving so that his lips were just a few centimeters off of my neck, he blew out a steady stream of cool air. Goosebumps rose all over my skin. His lips made contact with my ear lobe, sucking gently and lightly nibbling. All thoughts were cleared from my mind; a quiet moan came from my throat. 

“Oh,” He breathed in a husky tone, “you like that don’t you?”

A coherent thought would not come to mind, and I released another quiet moan. 

He moved his lips around to mine, leaving a long trail of devastating kisses in his wake. He applied just enough pressure. Not forcing himself one me but letting me respond to him. Respond I did. As soon as I applied pressure back his lips became weird and small electric jots screamed through me, pulsing were ever we were touching. 

A loud bang came from outside of the door, followed by Steph yelling, “Austin, you idiot.” 

Ryker chuckled, “It seems that we have a visitor.” 

I let out a deep sigh. “Steph, there better be a good reason for you spying on Ryker and me!” I yelled. 

The door opened, “What? It’s not like you’re going to spill all of the juicy tidbits.” 

“Why do you need to know those tidbits?” I asked, exasperated. 

“I best friend is supposed to know all of the steamy details. And you weren’t going to tell me. I recon mission was necessary.” 

“Get out!’ I yelled. 

Quickly the door closed and I heard her footsteps dancing down the hallway. 

Ryker, who had been awfully quiet though that whole ordeal, spoke up, “Well, no that the mood has been ruined, we might as well go and get some breakfast.”

“I guess you’re right.” I admitted. 

“Let me go brush my teeth and change in the bathroom, and you can change in here.” He finished giving me a peck on the lips. 

Small shocks ran though me again. I gave him a sheepish smile as he ducked behind the door. I was still in the cotton tee-shirt and sweats that I had found in his closet. I had been wearing his clothing for the past few days and was wondering if I was ever going to get a clean set of female clothes. I pulled off the long shirt and traded it for a graphic tee with the grouch on it. I pulled out a pair of his jeans, rolling them up so that I could see my feet. I found a woven leather belt in his closet and used it to hold the jeans us, looping most of it back through some of the belt loops. 

As I was finishing with the belt Ryker walked out, “I’ll have to take you shopping today. We have a very important guest coming tomorrow. I can’t have them thinking that I can provided my mate with proper clothing.” 

“That would be nice.” I smiled at him.

“Come on. Let’s get some food in you and then we can head out to the mall.”

At the mention of going out in public a thought arose in my head. What if someone saw me? I doubt that my father had reported me missing, but someone at work might have when I didn’t show up these past few days. I was not one to miss. I had to make all of the money I could to save for college. Off days, sick days, those weren’t my things.

“Ryker?”

“Yes sweetheart.” He responded as we headed down the stairs.

“What if someone sees me with you, while we’re at the mall.” 

“I don’t see a problem, sweetheart.” 

“If someone has reported me missing and I show up at the mall, both of us will get into huge trouble.”

“Why would any one report you missing sweetheart?”

Anger grew in my chest, and I stopped us from continuing down the stairs. “Just because I had a lousy excuse for a father doesn’t mean that there weren’t people in my life who didn’t care for me.”

“I’m not saying that no one would notice, but we’re werewolves we think of all of the possible circumstances when we take our mates from the human world. Everyone at work thinks that you quit. Lewis handed in a resignation the night that we took you. The school thinks that your father pulled you out for a year of homeschooling.” He told me in a soft voice.

“Who came up with that stupid lie? And what is going to happen to my schooling?” I asked accusingly.

“You’ll finish high school at our privet school and then you can either choose to go to a college that you can commute to or you can stay home with me and not go.” 

“So you’re saying that I can only go to the horrible community schools around here.”

“They’re not horrible. Most of the members of the pack attended these schools.” There was a slight growl to his voice as though I had just insulted him.

“What about you? Where did you go to school?” I asked accusingly.

“I traveled into Chappell Hill and attended UNC’s business school. I finished in three years so that I could get back to the pack.”  A certain pride came through his voice when he talked about college.

“So while you were able to go where ever you choose, I am to be confined to community colleges. I did not work this hard for my grades and scores only to have to go to a small school without a medical school.” I practically yelled at him.

He opened his mouth to respond, but closed it when he looked over my head. I turned around to face Mrs. Sarah. She was standing there with her hands on her hips. “Y’all can finish this little argument later. The rest of us are ready to eat.” 

My cheeks reddened, and I ducked my head. “I’m sorry, Mrs. Sarah.”

Her eyes softened, “Its fine sweetheart. Ryker should have realized how you would feel about the subject. He should have told you that y’all will talk about it later. Let’s go eat.” She gave Ryker one hard glare before turning and heading back down the stairs into the dinning room.