Leo Foret

Sahara POV:

                Ryker showed me to the bed room that I had been in before, quickly after I told him my mother’s name. “I’ll have someone bring you dinner. In the mean time you can take a shower. I have to make a few phone calls, but I’ll be back by the time you go to bed tonight.” He told me rushed.

                “Ryker, what’s wrong? Did I do something?”

                “No sweetheart, You have done nothing wrong. I just have to deal with some things” he said softly. He kissed the inside of my palm as he walked out the door.

                As the door closed behind him, I whispered, “Bye.”

Ryker POV:

                Catharine Foret was the last heir to a powerful pack in Europe. They controlled all of the British Isles and part of Normandy. Catharine had been the only child of the greatest alpha the world has ever seen, Leo. He had hunted down his enemies better than anyone. His mate had died in an attack by human hunters shortly after Catharine’s birth. Leo took after the hunters with a fury no one could describe, but in one particularly violent attack the leader of the hunters slipped into the base camp late at night. In the morning when everyone rose, Catharine was gone, a letter in her place. It told of his daughters kidnapping and how she would never be seen from again.

                And she wasn’t. For years he searched over every continent. High and low, everyone searched for the girl. All of the sects of hunters in Europe and most of Asia were destroyed completely wiped out, men, women and children. While all along, Catharine had been here, in America, possibly mated to a hunter.

                I had to tell Leo. He was old but still kicking it. He had taken over all of the kingdoms in Europe and turned it into one main pack with many smaller “state” packs that all reported to Leo. He was often referred to as the king of werewolves, and his granddaughter was my mate.

                I picked up the office phone, dialing the number for Foret Pack. “This is Ryker, from the Appalachia Pack.  It is of the upmost importance that I talk to Leo.”

                “Connecting, you sir.” The receptionist replied.

                “Ryker, what can I do for you son?” Leo said when he came on the line.

                “I have possible news about your daughter.”

                His voice was strained when he spoke, “What can you tell me son.”

                “I think that your daughter might have been taken to the U.S. by the hunters and ended up mating one of them. I also think that she had a child, a girl.”

                “Why do you think this?”

                “Because I’m mated to your granddaughter.”

                “And she told you this?”

                “No she told me the name of her mother.”

                “And where is my daughter?”

                “She died from cancer. I believe that it was over exposure to the sliver that Sahara’s father must have had around.”

                “She’s dead. She’s really dead. That’s what everyone always tried to tell me but I couldn’t believe it.” He muttered to himself, “I will be flying in in the morning. I do not want you to tell her anything.”

                “Yes sir, we will be awaiting your arrival in the morning.”

                “And one more thing Ryker, is she a werewolf?”

                “She hasn’t shifted yet but I expect it soon sir.”

                “Good, I will see you in the coming days.”

                With that the phone clicked off, ending the conversation. I sighed deeply running my hands through my hair. I had the feeling that this was about to get a lot more complicated.

                A soft knock sounded on my door. A gorgeous brown haired girl peaked her head through. “Can I come in?” She whispered.

                I waved her inside, “I thought that you were asleep?”

                “I couldn’t sleep.” She whispered down to her feet, like a small child ready to be scolded.

                “Come here.” I told her.

                She walked towards me, and I pulled her down on to my lap, cuddling her close to my chest.

                “You couldn’t sleep?”

                “No. I missed you.”

                “Oh well in that case should we head up to bed?”

She nodded. I could still tell that she was in a dreamy state. I scooped her into her arms and carried her up stairs. Placing her softly on the bed, I walked into the bathroom.

“Where are you going?” She asked me quietly.

“Just to get ready for bed, I’ll be in there in a moment sweetheart.”

I jumped in the shower, letting the scalding hot water wash away the stress of Leo’s coming visit. After a quick shower I slipped into a pair of loose flannel pants. I brushed my teeth and slipped into the bed behind Sahara. I pulled her closer into my body and wrapped my arms around her waist. Breathing in the sweat sent of her hair I fell into a peaceful slumber.