Chapter 17: Mia's P.O.V

Tonight Kane was acting a bit unusual, there was a feeling in the air that made everything awkward. Here I was with the guy I hate most, the guy who knows one of my secrets and is working with me on a project. Anything could happen, so I need to play it safe. The bad thing is, is that Jax knows everything as well, which could lead to his twin sister knowing. 

That was the last thing I'd want to happen, Ava spreading gossip about me to her little group of friends that shake pom poms around in the air. I already hate that girl enough, I don't see what boys find "great" about her. Yeah, shes the leader of the Cheer squad so what? I could be the leader of the book club and still no one would give a shit about me - truth. Shes pretty, well I mean thanks to all that make up she wears. She broke my brothers heart and perhaps is breaking another heart while she gets the chance. I feel bad for Kane, he's in love with a girl, who doesn't love him, just loves him in bed. What a shame. 

Two times. Two times that Kane has walked in on me singing. He always tells me "I'm great" and I try to ignore it. I like to keep my voice to myself, I love to sing but I hardly get the chance to while many are people around. I take compliments badly, it makes me blush and creates an awkward scene. 

Kane and I hardly got the chance to talk today about yesterday. I didn't want to bring the subject up, it felt weird talking to him about soccer. Because past all these years, the only people I talk to about soccer is my family. Soccer is a big part of my life, but either way it's hard. Hard keeping it a secret from everyone, especially the people I see everyday at school. 

The biggest part I hate about this secret was that I never told Jayden, after all the things he did for me. He deserved better and deserved honesty from me. I don't why I didn't tell him, but it was the fear of people knowing that held me back. It's too late to tell him, he's gone.

Now that Kane knows, anything could happen. Right now he's probably texting all his friends about me and stuff about how I made it into P.W.S.A. If he did, I'm not surprised. He's a jerk, once a jerk always a jerk. I don't seem to mind though, I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. Kane congratulated me and told me that there was no need to lie, that I could be myself. But that was probably one of his pity talk, his fake side that made girls fall for him. Why would he even care about me? He doesn't even know me. To him, I am just Mia Brown aka "the nerd". I don't even know why I am still going over to his house, he seems so welcoming but thats probably part of his acting. If he thinks hes going to use me to do his dirty work and study test, then hes wrong. I'm not a game that he can play over and over.