Chapter 10: Mia's P.O.V

I ran as fast I could through the corridors, pushing and shoving through the land of people. As soon as I was out of the school doors, I gasped in relief, thank god Kane  Evans is out of my sight. 

I drove home trying to think of an excuse to not go over to Kane's house for the project. I thought I would never see that jerk again, but I was wrong. On the good side I'm thankful I wasn't put with Jax, I couldn't bare working at his house, and seeing Ava there. If I did, I would lose it, and beat the crap out of her for what she did to my brother. 

I still can't believe my brother still remains friends with Jax after what his twins sister did to him. That is why I don't like love, I don't know what it means, and I'd rather leave it at that. 

I laid in bed for a whole hour reading the last chapters of my book. This was basically my everyday routine apart from soccer practice every Tuesday. Now I would have to add my project with Kane on my schedule. 

In an hour I will be heading over to his house. I wonder what it looks like, not that I care. Perhaps a flash house with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. His room probably covered in football posters and jerseys, will love letters everywhere, and forgotten clothes from all the girls he's slept with with. 

***

I stood on his front porch in front of a wooden door. The living room lights were on and so was the t.v. I stood their with my knees wobbling and palms sweating. Was it too late to run now? Gosh Mr. Jones did you have to make my life any harder then already it was? I took a deep breathe, praying for Gods guidance. I pressed the button on the door bell and waited for the door to fly open. 

The door unlocked with Kane standing before me in an upright position. He scanned me up and down and smirked. 

"So I guess, those flights of yours were cancelled?" He questioned folding both his arms. 

 "Shut up and let me in." I said rolling my eyes with a smile. 

I set foot in the household and gazed around the living room and kitchen. Baby photos of Kane hanging on the wall, large plasma t.v in the corner of the room. Correct as I was, a golden chandelier hanging in the kitchen above the dining area. I followed him from behind as he lead me to his room. A dark grey room with no sight of sport posters or love letters. By my surprises, it was clean, smelled great with no odours.

I sat on the sofa beside his bed and looked around his room, pretending like I had any interest. There was silence between the both of us, with the only thing I could hear was my breathing and heart racing. This was the most awkward moment, I've been in, in my life. I looked at my phone, reading the time. 5.04pm. Come on time, just skip to 7.00pm already so I can get the hell out of here. Kane looked at me and broke the silence.

"So do want a drink or something to eat." He said giving me one of his fake smiles, that every girl falls for, except me. 

"No thanks, don't want you secretly poisoning my food." I said with a evil look on my face. 

"Trust me Brown, if I had the chance to poison you, I would." 

"Very funny Candy Kane. Oh, a diet coke, with a straw." I said smiling, with my head tilted to the side. 

"Whats the magic word?" He asked. 

"Abracadabra!" I joked around, as I waved my hands around as if I were a magician. He giggled to himself as he rolled his eyes, before he walked out the door. 

I took a second glance around the room as a polka dot under wear under the bed was spotted. 

Ew! I thought. Typical Kane.