Chapter 15

I parked in front of my house, with Mia already standing by the porch. I was surprised at how fast she could drive, or maybe she bent the rules a little and went over 100 kilometres. She stood there like the champion giving me a look of shame and victory. 

"Your are so slow, did you bike here or something." She snicked.

I didn't say anything, I just laughed along with her and opening the front door for her. No one was home, mum was at work and would finish late. Mia headed to my room as I headed to the kitchen getting her usual "diet coke and straw".

I walked in the room to find Mia singing, beautifully. She didn't notice me standing there, I didn't want to make a noise, I didn't want her to stop. Her back was facing towards me and she was looking out my bedroom window. She was looking out into the woods behind my backyard. I stood there smiling, humming along with her. 

She stopped singing and heard my humming coming from behind and quickly turned around to face me. 

"Oh s-sorry." She stuttered with shock. 

"I told you so, you have a really great voice." 

"It's nothing, anyone can sing." 

"That's a lie. Have you heard me sing?" 

"No, and I wouldn't want to." She said giving me a smirk. 

I sat on my bed with her joining me and went through the our notes. We worked together separately in silence, she seemed to like silence, but I didn't mind. She seemed stuck in her own little world, in her own little bubble, not letting anyone pop it. She was calm and didn't seem to notice me glancing at her continuously. I would glimpse at her from time to time, I couldn't help it. There was something about her that seemed great and I liked it, because it was different. 

I glanced at her once more and she seemed to catch me eye, I tried to look away but it was too late. 

"Have a eye problem Candy Kane?" She teased as she giggled. 

"Yes, only to girls named Mia." I replied. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mia questioned. 

"Nothing." I mumbled. 

She seemed to shrug it off and went back to her little world. A strand of hair was in the way of her face, but she didn't seem to mind. With the rest of her hair running through the back smoothly, and her eyes glistening through the sunlight. She looked unsure of her self, odd. 

I felt like a different person, I never looked at a girl like this before but according to Mia, I did. I almost forgot about Ava, she was pretty and all, but something about Mia was beautiful, natural. I felt like I could be myself around her, no matter how much she hates me, I know she can't hate me forever. 

Mia. Ramiyah. Ramiyah Brown. Her named went through my head as I gazed at her not wanting to lose sight. Mia. Ramiyah. Ramiyah Brown. Her name was beautiful, I didn't know why she felt uncomfortable with Ramiyah. A beautiful person, deserves a beautiful name. 

Not a single thought of Ava appeared in my head. Who's Ava? I thought to myself. Who's Mia? I asked myself again. 

Mia. Mia Brown, the girl I think I may be falling for.