Chapter 12

"Hello, yes you are speaking with Mia Brown." 

It was silent until her voice raged with happiness. 

"Oh my god, I made it in? Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't believe this."

"Where will our first practice be held? P.W.S.A as usual?" 

"Ok, thank you so much for calling, I won't let you down coach. Thank you, have a good night." 

She ended the call and I quickly ran to my room trying my best not to make a single sound. I got to my room and sat back on my sofa, trying my best to act cool.  

Wow! Mia made it into the Philly team, I wasn't surprised she was an amazing player. Why didn't she want to tell me? What was the big deal, about keeping this a secret? 

She walked in with and bright smile across her face, trying to act normal. She sat back down onto the sofa and went back onto her laptop. Through the corner of my eye, I could see her holding back that smile of hers. I smiled to myself, she has a great smile and I couldn't believe how much I didn't notice it. 

"So who called?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"No one in particular." She lied, again. 

"If it's no one then why did you storm out of the room and walk back in with a smile on your face as if you were in Candy Land?" 

"I said no one!" She shouted back at me. 

"Why can't you tell me, if it isn't that important." I shouted back. 

"Why do you care all of a sudden?" 

"Because Mia! I know everything. Why? Why are you lying to me?" 

"W-what are you talking about Kane?" 

"I know everything about you signing up for the P.W.S.A. That was them wasn't it? You made it in to the team?" 

"I don't know what your talking about. This is all lies." 

"Don't play that game with me Mia. I know everything. You found a letter you dropped in the corridors, about you making it into the top twenty and making it in for the final tryouts. I know how great you are, I saw you, because I went to watch you." 

"What makes you think you can walk into my life? Why do you care about what I'm good at. You don't even know me. After 5 years of high school with people ignoring me, now you walk into my life? What ever game you and your stupid friend are playing at, give it up. Because it's already game over." She stated shouting into my face. 

"Why Mia? Tell me why your keeping this a secret from everyone? Why do you want people knowing you as the school nerd instead of a P.W.S.A team member? Don't you care about what people think of you?" 

"No! I don't gave a shit of what people think about me. They can shove their negative thoughts up their asses because I ain't taking pity from anyone. Not even you." 

"Ok, but why did you lie to me about you playing soccer?" 

"Because ever since I started high school I was known as the school nerd, from the clothes I wore to style of hair. I've gotten so used to he term "nerd" that I didn't want anyone knowing my passion for soccer, singing and music. The word "nerd" just stuck to me I guess." She said with a frown on her face and watery eyes, as she held back tears. 

"What was stopping you? You could of joined the girls soccer team or athletics team because I saw you run on the field and you were pretty impressive. You could of been the lead role in the school musical. You could have been anything you wanted Mia, nothing stopped you just your self." I said placing my hand on her shoulder, looking her in the eyes. 

"Just a question but have you ever wore a skirt before?" 

"Heck no. I'm not a barbie doll or dumb cheer leader. I'd rather wear shorts or pants, or soccer shorts." She replied confidently. 

I looked at her weirdly. "You are ..." I didn't know how to finish off my sentence, but she cut me off. 

"Different." She said giving me a warm smile.