Jeff's Feeling

Author's note: Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been working on other projects, family stuff, and I'm getting ready for school shit. Anywho, enjoy the chapter! :)

At the hospital, Jeff lay down in his bed. He was used to this. He was going through these panic attacks since he was 8 years old.

For whatever reason, people like Killing Kasady were always bugging him. Jeff always tried to calm himself down by saying that these people were just imaginary friends. But now...Jeff wasn't so sure that these "imaginary" friends were imaginary at all. In fact, he wasn't so sure that they were friends, either. Especially when Kasady tried to get Jeff to kill his pet cat. He still had nightmares about that.

His train of thought was broken when he heard a strange, frightening static. A disgusting crackling sound boomed in his ears, making Jeff feel as though they were about to pop. The crackling sound was both wet and dry at the same time, somehow, and it felt as though it was slithering from his ears into his heart. Last of all, there was a man with a high pitched voice singing a terrifying song, amidst children giggling.

Jeff looked outside, and saw the source of the horrible noises plaguing him. He gasped at what he saw in horror. The figure was the scariest man...no, the scariest THING he had ever seen.

The strange creature outside his hospital bedroom window  was 18 feet tall, easy, wearing a very nice black suit with a black tie, black shoes, and a white dress shirt. Then, the creature's face. Or, rather, lack thereof. To Jeff's shock, he saw that this creature had no face at all. His 'face' was nothing more than a large, pure white head, with a long, varicose white neck.

The creature tilted his head, and for a split second, Jefferson Gray thought that this creature without eyes was STARING at him.

Jeff took a deep breath, and told himself quietly, " Come on, Jeff. Calm down, that thing isn't real. Yeah...it's...it's just another one of your visions. It's not gonna hurt you..."

Suddenly, Jeff heard a raspy, booming voice.

" Kill them all, Jeff. Kill them all."

Jeff felt his left eye twitch. Very slowly, Jeff  reached to ring the bell on his table that held his snack, a bag of chips and a cup of black coffee.

Before he did, however, voices that belonged to his father and an unfamiliar person. Jeff put down the bell and listened.

" Doctor, do we have to keep my son over night?", Jeff heard his father ask.

" No, Officer Gray, no. I've run the scans, and...well..."

Jeff waited with baited breath for the doctor's response.

" Well? Well what?!", Bruce Gray asked worriedly.

The doctor replied, " Your son, Jeff, suffers from borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia."

" Yes, I'm well aware of that. What's your point? That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him, Doctor Halloran!", Jeff heard his father yell.

Jeff smiled.

" I'm not saying that, Bruce. He simply has a...different brain from you and I. Some of these more vivid hallucinations that he might have may be confused for panic attacks, no?", the doctor asked.

Jeff frowned. He didn't like where this was going.

More calm now, his father mumbled, " Y-yeah. Before I realized he had schizophrenia, I saw Jeff have panic attacks from time to time. That was shortly after my wife...or, ex-wife, rather...came back home from Afghanistan. And he did blind our pet gerbil when he was eleven....do you think he was hallucinating when he did it?  I've always wondered about that, but I was never sure. Neither was Kathryn."