Not the Average Weasley

Prologue

"Now remember, be yourself and make friends," Mrs. Weasley told her second set of twins as they were about to go through the platform. Second set? I know there is Fred and George, but another set? Yep, that's Ron and Christine. They were both like any other Weasley children: Gingers.

Christine was not like a regular Weasley though.

Why?

Christine was an animagus. She has a special ability to turn into her animal self, which is a fox. None of the other living Weasley's have it. The only other animagus in the family was her great-great-great aunt. So a Weasley animagus is VERY rare, and it just so happens to be Christine.

"I'll try, but I won't be very good at it," Ron replied. "The only friend I'll make will be a tree."

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Oh, Ron," she said sighing. "You'll find a friend. I promise."

Christine looked down. "I probably won't even get to be friends with a tree," she mumbled.

"Christine, just remember that you'll have your brothers," Mrs. Weasley reminded her. "They'll be in your house and, after all, your house is your family as long as you are at Hogwarts. And I'll send you both Gryffindor knit sweaters."

Christine and Ron smiled and hugged their mom. "I'll miss you," they told her.

"I'll miss you too," her mom responded.

They let go and Christine took her cart and ran right through after George did. She waited for Ron, but her didn't come through. So, Christine decided she'll just get on the train and wait for him. She walked in and sat down in one of the first train compartments she saw.

There was already a girl inside with big bushy hair. Christine went in. "My name is Christine," she said awkwardly as she sat down. "What's yours?"

"Hermione Granger," she replied very proud of it. "Is this your first year here?" Christine nodded. "Mine too."

Christine nodded again and smiled. She always did this when she didn't know what to say. She then mustered up the courage to ask, "What's your blood status?"

Hermione sat back and thought for a moment. "O +," she answered.

Christine shook her head. "No, I meant are you a pure-blood, half-blood, or muggle-born," she said. Or I'm guessing the way you said O+ you're a muggle-born, she thought.

"I'm a muggle-born," she answered. "My parents are dentists."

"My dad works for the Ministry of Magic and my mom doesn't do anything," Christine responded.

The two of them talked for a while. Until a little chubby boy came into the compartment and wanted help finding his toad. So they both helped him search for it, but they didn't find it. They then arrived at Hogwarts.

The first years all came together and walked into the Great Hall to get sorted into their houses. They stood in a clumped bunch and waited for their names to get called.

An old witch stood at the front with a piece of parchment reading the names off. "Ronald Weasley," she read.

Christine looked through the crowd to try to find her brother, she saw him walk up to the stool. He sat down as she placed the hat on his head. A few seconds later.... "Gryffindor!" the hat yelled. Everyone cheered. The Weasley's have always been Gryfindors. It was just something that ran in the family.

The old woman cleared her throat. "Christine Weasley," she called.

Christine took a deep breath and walked up to the stool. She sat down on the wooden stool and the woman put the hat on her head.

"Ah, can it be yet another Weasley?" the hat asked Christine. "In the same year? You must be Ronald's twin sister. Let's see, where should you go. Oh! I know! It's perfect!"

Christine closed her eyes and waited for the hat to yell out "Gryffindor!" but it took a bit before he said anything. "Slytherin!" the hat rang out across the room.

The entire room went silent. Everyone knew that the Weasley's were always in Gryffindor. The woman took the hat off her head and Christine got up and walked to the Slytherin table. She was so scared. Her parents always warned her about how awful Slytherin was, now she was one of them.

She sat down next to a girl with black hair. "Why is a Weasley a Slytherin?" she asked her. Christine shrugged shyly. "That's just so weird. You must be a disgrace to your family." The girl then laughed maniacally.

Christine hung her head and fought back tears. The girl was right, she was a disgrace to her family. How would her mother take it? Or worse, how would Percy take it? It was just so peculiar that her twin brother got Gryffindor and she got the rival house, Slytherin.

Christine's life was utterly miserable for a while. Her parents found out she was a Slytherin and tried to accept it, but she knew they were just pretending. She didn't have any friends and everyone teased her and said she wasn't a real Weasley. Her brothers weren't very supportive either, all except Fred and George. Once Ginny got to Hogwarts, she wasn't the nicest person to her either. So Christine just wanted to die in a hole and be gone forever. Until Year 4.