Secrets of the Assassin Revelaed 18

Dedicated to AssitaDiallo because i got the idea for this while reading one of his poems.

We stayed with the circus for a few months before we left. Diego was concerned that someone would recognize us so we left.

We were in need of money. We had some money from the circus people but it wouldn't last us very long. We started getting jobs. Dude, were Assassins. Its the only real job we knew how to do.

Three weeks later we met with the man who was paying us. He watched us closely, like he was trying to glare into our souls or hearts or something.  He watched us for a long moment before giving us the guy's name. He seemed to be wonder if he should give us the folder in his hand or not. After a while he just gave us the guy's name again and dismissed us.

I looked him up in the Goverment records. The guy was fifty, had a wife and three kids. He was an American, he'd been arrested more than once for possession of drugs, known pedophile, and he worked as a pimp at the strip in Vegas.

"Vegas again?" Diego practically moaned it.

"Do you have a deadline?" I tried sounding proffesional. By the look on Gentry's face I failed.

"You not supposed to sound thethening." He whispered to me.

Okay, i'd thought I sounded professional.

The guy ignored it and asked if we needed anything else.

Gentry opened his mouth and I slammed my foot down on his so hard I broke it. Gentry let out a shreik of pain and crumpled. "GOOD GRIEF WOMAN! I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK HIM IF THE GUY HAD A WIFE!" Gentry screamed.

"He does have a wife." Our employer confirmed.

"DO WE HAVE A DEADLINE?" Gentry sounded like something that needed to be put out of its misery.

"No." Diego told him. Then almost as an afterthought, "why are you yelling?"

"SHE BROKE MY FOOT!"

"Am I supposed to apologize?"

"Its comon curtesy to apologize after breakinh someone's foot." Diego said with a striaght-face.

"I am sorry for breaking your foot Gentry." I told him.

Gentry was in too much pain to notice.

Diego pulled out a syringe and injected him with it.

Gentry stopped screaming.

"What was that?"

"Morphine."

"Why?"

"You don't carry morphine with you?"

"No."

"Odd."

We helped a limping Gentry into our appartment. Diego and I agreed that Gentry should stay behind and heal. He tried to object but he couldn't even walk on his own-that and I slipped the syringe into his skin and pumped him full of Morphine when he wasn't looking. Neither one of us knew how he was going to react to this but we would deal with that later.

With that we started looking into his records. He frequented the strip. Diego hated the plan as much as I did if not more but we needed the money. Within the hour I had a fancy-and reveling-dress with high heels that would kill you unless you knew how to walk in heels and walked away with my new identity in my purse and phone with ony three numbers in it, and other things I needed.

I sauntered into the strip club and the bouncer let me in with a roll of his eyes. I scanned the club for the man.

"Please tell me your single."