Secrets of the Assassin Revealed 2/3

THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK ‘MY DADS AN ASASIN' IS THE FIRST ONE- sorry it took me so long to upload my computer keeps freezing blah blah blah….here’s book two

SPECIAL THANKS TO: Bitobunny98  for giving me inspiration, and for putting up with like the seven drafts of the plot-and for helping me figure out some scenes in the book   

   and  strugglingwritter for helping me brainstorm and for putting up with my insanity the whole time. So thank you!

This first part is her dads pov

I walked through the hall. Pale white surrounded me on all sides. Clean blank white wall. I filled out all the paperwork, smiling secretly to myself. I sat down to wait. I knew it would only take around ten minutes. I picked up a random magazine and flicked through it, not seeing what was in it.

The nurse called out my name. I stood and walked to her, the strides of a normal person. She smiled at me and showed me to the office of the doctor. The fake physiatrist.  We both smiled as our eyes caught the other person.

“It’s been too long.” He said, standing up.

“I would have come more often but I had to take care of her.”

He nodded. We both knew who I was referring to and there was no further need to elaborate.

“It’s going along well.” He told me. “Your wife still insists that it’s because of you…..that you’re a killer…that you kidnapped her daughter….” He trailed off with a laugh.

All the charges were legit of course, but no one would believe her. They all thought it was just a fantasy she made up. Only the three of us knew. Well, only two because the mental patient doesn’t count.

He led me to the room I’d been to many times before. I sat in the chair and he left. I waited for them to bring my wife in. For all intents and purposes she was crazy. I was the one that had put her there in the first place. That was reason enough for her to hate me, but I’d done worse. I’d been the one to gain custody of our daughter. All she knew about our daughter was that one picture. The one picture that I’d taken after she was born. That was all she’d ever seen of our daughter.

The two guards walked her in. She sat down in the chair opposite mine. We were separated by glass, but that was it. Our conversation was monitored, but I didn’t care. She was the crazy one. Not me.

“How are you doing?” I asked as sweetly as I could.

She glared at me. It was a look of pure poison. Apparently she still hadn’t forgiven me for doing this. Well, maybe, but I doubt she’d forgiven me for taking our daughter from her and throwing her into this hell.

“What did you do to her?” She demanded of me, her eye blazing with hate.

“She’s been searching for you.” I told her. “She hasn’t found out yet. Why are you putting her through this? The girl needs her mother.” My voice was full of fake sympathy. I would be happy to watch this woman rot away here. I didn’t care for her anymore.

“Why do you never bring her to visit?” She demanded.

“We’ve been over this.” I said. “The doctors said not to. They know what’s best.” I fought the smile that was threatening to form on the corners of my lips.

 This place could pass for a mental institution, but it was far from that.

I talked with my wife for a while then left.

I went to my new house. It was just like all the other houses, except that this time I was alone. Neither my wife nor my daughter were here with me. It didn’t matter. She deserved to rot there, and as for my daughter, she had made her choice.