Secrets of the Assassin Revealed 11

sorry its so short, but my mom is giving me hell

That lead ended being a dead end. The guy had died around a year ago. We got some leads that threw us back into the U.S. so we went there again.

We ended up getting thrown back into the world of Assassins. It was also the world of the Drug Cartels, Mafia, and everything else illegal but they'd all just decided to call it the world of Assassins. They sometimes called it the world of secrets too.

I found some people that had known my dad or my mom. Everyone that knew my dad was glad to help me. Apparently no one really liked him here. Everyone that knew my mom spit my dads name like it was some kind of curse. They all gave me weird looks when they mentioned my dad. It was like they were trying to tell me something but i couldn't figure out what they were telling me.

We ended up getting some weird leads that seemed more like they were trying to send us on some crazy expedition.

We kept trying to learn whatever we could. They were determined to be with me when I faced my dad. I was determined to do it on my own.

That same day we got some good news. Apparently some people knew the asylum dad had thrown mom in. Some 'patients' had broken out of there. Faces with name under them flashed on and off the screen. The last one to show up was one that I could never forget. Mom. It was the same face from the thing we'd found on dad. They started doing some exclusives on the patients. They got to mom last again. Some doctor in a white lab coat with that weird thing they used to listen to your heartbet slung across his shoulders showed up. He started talking about mom. He went on to say that she had been committed to the asylum after becoming delusional and something about schitzofrenia-i didn't hear the rest of it.

A few people were also looking at the screen.

"Oh my, his wife's loose...."

"They said she was crazy."

"Who says he didn't just throw her in there? Its been known to happen."'

"They did have issues with the marrige."

"Does anyone know what happened to thier kids?"

"I don't know what happened to his son but he kept the girl."

"What did he do to his son?"

"The guy always did love to use blackmail."

"Blackmail?"

"If the wife does something threathen to kill the kids, if the kids misbehave tell them they'll never see thier mother."

"Harsh."

"I wouldn't put it past him."

"KIds." The three of us repeated.

"So I have a silbling." My voice was just above a whisper.

"What the hell is your dad hiding." Diego demanded.

"Do the kids even know thier mom?"

"All I know is that his daughter was with him. I never saw a boy with them."

The hairs on my neck stood. How did he know? Had I met him? I couldn't think of it. I would have looked if I wasn't scared of it giving me away.

"What is he up to?"

"When it comes to that sly fox? Who knows."

Everyone was whispering about my dad at this point.

"Why he would do that I don't know."

"No one aside from him knows."

"I always knew he was ruthless but his wife and kids....."

"Kid." someone corrected. "They say he killed the boy."

We sat there, hodling our breath and not daring to take one. This was too much to fast. My head was reeling.

"Shut up." Someone hissed. "If word gets to him that we're discussing this he could show up here."

Everyone stopped talking for two minues. The silence was thick and oppresive. After two minutes of dead silence conversations started up again. This time it went to politics. Dad wasn't mentioned again. Not normal politics. My politics. Assassin politics. Drug Lord politics. How the Black Market was doing. Those politics. Some started talking about America becoming weaker. The budget crisis was bound to affect how many Assassins they could hire.  Something about some new academy for Assassins that had recently been built. The price of prostitues going up....some maniac was freaking about because the guy he bough his aresenic-i dunno if i spelled that right-was gone so now he didn't know where to buy any.....and some guy was pissed because he still didn't have his Atomic Bomb.......

I was torn. I knew what asylum my mom was in-had been in-but now she wasn't in there. I should be happy, but that would just make it a lot harder to find her. What the heck was I supposed to do now? I didn't expect her to actually break out of there. I should have, but I didn't.

My dad had been raised by Drug Lords but he credited a certain man as his role model, the guy who'd taught him everything. Sadly the guy was dead. We had no more leads. As if to mock us, the news came on, and guess who was on there? Daddy dearest. I didn't catch what they asked him, but he ended up giving a tragic sob-story about how the marrige hadn't worked. I would have fallen for it if I didn't know him that well. Anyone else would have fallen for it, but I knew that he was fighting a smile. I could see it in his face.

My hands balled into fists. I looked table.

"Could ave fooled me." Someone muttered sarcastically.

There was laughter.

The reporter asked him if he knew anything about his daughter.

They laughed harder.

Gentry's hand twitched. His hand slid just a little closer to his gun.

I gave him a glare and flipped my hair. Anyone else watching would think I was just doing a hair flip but Gentry knew better. It was a no.

As if on cue a freaking bomb went off. The lady that ran the resteraunt showed up with a freaking mace-again with the mace-and started randomlly attacking people.