104

Two months later:

It's been two months already since school started, and this semester has been tough for both the love birds.

"Don't you think we have been spending very little time with each other lately?" she asked him. They were sitting in the balcony

"Hmm, mujhe bhi wahee lag raha tha, but what can we do, jab time hi aisa chal raha hain toh?" he said.

"Come on Manik! We cannot blame the situations, hamein ek dhoosre ke liye time nikaalna padega, pehle bhi toh wahee karthe the na" she said.

"Nandini, you have been seeing my schedule, saath mein rehthi ho, still you think I can make extra time for hanging out?" he asked. Well she didn't expect that kind of a reply.

"Fine" she replied plainly.

"Pch, sorry baba. I have had a long day today; I didn't mean to say that" he said.

"You're fine! That's okay. I understand" he replied.

"Okay tomorrow night we'll go out for icecream, your favorite place. Okay?" he asked. And she just smiled.

"Nai Manik, that's fine. Weekend jaayenge, I don't want you to get worked up" she said and went in.

--------------

Manik

Well, it's probably my fault. I shouldn't have taken up the job back at the Music school. Whenever there is a concert or a show, I am asked to be there for extra time and on top of that, I have basketball practice and then my classes. I haven't been able to spend some quality time with her for the last one month in specific. She has never been the kind of girl who complains about that, I know she feels bad but she never lets it out. And that's why I love her more. I promised her that ill take her to see the Fireflies once a week. Week ka toh dhoor, I haven't taken her anywhere since the last one month, and on top of that I cancelled on three dates she planned for us. How bad of me! Third time she got mad at me, but I convinced her somehow. And now I don't think it's going to work anymore.

"Nandini, wanna listen to this song? It's one of my favorites" I asked her. I guess for now, that's the way I can bring her back to good mood.

"Sure" she said with her evergreen smile.

"Give me a bit, I will get my guitar" I said. I guess I need to keep an extra guitar at her place or get it with me every time I come here.

I was now going to sing one of my favorite songs. The song of love for me. I quickly came back with my Guitar and a chocolate for her. Two things she loves the most.

"Here I am, and this is for you" I gave her the chocolate. Her eyes opened wide in happiness.

"Nothing makes you happier than a chocolate right" I asked. I was expecting a no. I wanted to hear that I make her the happiest. Fingers crosses, I was actually waiting for her to answer.

"Well, you can free your fingers behind, you are the reason for my happiness" she said.

How did she know?

"Thinking how I know? Your expression changes whenever you cross your fingers, I guess you need to work on that" she said with a smirk.

"Smart girl" I said.

"sing" she said. I got up and stood supporting the railing in the balcony while she was sitting on the blanket spread there.

Lamhe vele lamhe, vele pal yeh
Idhar-udhar tahel rahe