Chapter 8

First day of college:
Manik as all excited to attend the first day of his classes. Doing MBA was his parents' and his dream. He was happy that finally he will be able to learn new things and make his business even better.
He got ready and left to Nandini's apartment as they decided to leave together.

He knocked the door but Nandini does not open the door

He knocked the door but Nandini does not open the door. He knocked twice again and finally she opens the door. As soon as he sees her he freezes at his place. She was still sleeping. Wearing her cute shorts and a Mickey t shirt she looked like a high school girl. With half opened eyes she opened the door, let him in and again fell on her bed. Manik smiled at her cuteness. HE quickly went into the kitchen and prepared breakfast for both of them.
"Ye ladki mujhe breakfast khaane kyu bulaathi when its me who makes it daily..Paagal" he was talking in a low voice with a cute smile on his face.
"Mein paagal nai hoon" she said in her sleepy voice. Aawwww SO cute.. He immediately went to her, pulled her cheeks and pulled off the duvet from her body.
"Nandini utho naa...we will be late" he said so politely. He noticed that last night's party stuff was still not cleaned. The dishes were kept as it is, the decorative lights were not turned off and there was cake all over the small table. He slowly started cleaning all the things and here our nandu madam was still snoring.
He sat next to her on the small bed. "Nandu! Please get up.. I cleaned up all this mess you don't even have to do that..jaldhi se uthke thayaar ho jaao" he said again. Feeling his presence next to her, she immediately put her head on his laps. Manik smiled at her cuteness and rubbed her smooth hair as if he was making it smoother.
"Tumhe pathaa hain! I don't even remember when someone did so much for me..You know how nice it feels to sleep like this in some one's laps...I miss it...Whem mummy was there, she was so busy with hospital stuff that hardly we had 3-4 hours a day for family. Its only during weekends and kabhi kabhi one of them used to be busy even then..I miss them...I miss them a lot..But I will not cry as I promised you that I wont cry remembering them" she said all this closing her eyes.
Manik felt bad for her. Now he was remembering his parents. It was not the situation. His mother would be at home most of the time and take care of him and his little sister. He always had this mother's affection but when he thought about Nandini he felt bad for her. Losing parents in such a young age is not an easy thing to live with.
"nandini! I don't speak about my parents or I don't cry remembering them. That does not mean I don't miss them. My mom was my best friend. I used to hang around her all the time, sleep on her laps like this. Till 20 years one meal of my day had to bed fed by her. That was our pact for me not eating outside junk food. I miss her a lot...And my Dad...he was the coolest... Though he was a very big businessman, he was so down to earth.. He loved me....he used to say that he sees himself in me...All his life he has been earning money, fame and respect in the society..he din't have time to enjoy his young age...SO he wanted me to explore the world...know new things...he used to say that's what helps business to grow...Exposure...
I was in a very bad state after losing them...I always wanted to go to some other country and get my degree..But I miss them badly...so I considered to be close to them and do it from India because I know I cant leave them...I know my mom will not be normal if I go away..Becuase I was everything to her..But see what happened....they left me and went away...That trip.." he suddenly stopped.
"Baaki baathein raath mein..Now get up..And ya one thing...Nandini it is not easy to lose parents at such a young age....i know it's a difficult truth to live with..But I am so proud of you...that you are here fending for yourself..so whenever yiu miss this" he said pointing towards his lap.."Come to me..I will be there for you..aur you know I can sing also..I will sing you to sleep..Okay? Now give me that 1000 watt smile and ready ho jao" he said.
"Thank you RockStar!" she said and got up from his laps.
Soon they both had breakfast and left for college.
As Nandini dint see Judy after leaving her job, she went to her first and Manik went to his classes.
"Hey Judy!" she said.