Chapter 7

This is going to be a really long update! Grab some glucose before you start reading and please excuse the unintentional typos!

They were walking, Manik still holding Nandu's hand but he was not speaking anything.

"Manik! Please talk to me na...why are you so angry? I did not expect to see him in such an awful way. In fact I thought I could handle him as always par pathaa nai he was so adamant, that's why I had to call you. Nai toh you don't know about Nandini Murthy. There's nothing she can't handle" she said playfully to make him smile.

Alas! Complete opposite reaction. He left her hand giving her angry glares and started walking. They finally reached home. Nandu was expecting him to come to her house, but he directly went to his.

"Iske nakhre toh ladkiyon se bhi zyaada hain...Come on Nandu...pacify him jaldhi se..Socho socho kuch" she talked to herself. "Ahhhh! Indian food..Dang Nandu you are a genius" she appreciated herself and started cooking. She made some nice Alu puri as quickly and as tasty as possible and went to his flat.

"Manik! Dharwaaza kholo its me" she said knocking the door. He opened the door and moved inside.

"Manik I brought lunch. Alu pur banaaya meine. Come lets have. Phir we can do with the house setting" she initiated the plan. HE silently came and sat next to her and served himself food. He ate the first bite and his eyes widened. The food was really tasty. HE fought with himself whether to let it out or not. He saw nandu hopefuly waiting for his comments.

"Nandu this is so yummy. You are an amazing cook" he said smiling. Nandini sighed in relief seeing him smiling again. "Manik it was not my fault completely, I was doing my job. Next time please aise binaa soche gussa math hona please. Mujhe achha lagtha if my dear ones don't talk to me as I really have only a few" she became emotional.

Manik came close to her and side hugged her. "Listen Nandini! Even I have only a few people and even I can't afford to let anything happen to those few people. So promise me, whenever you sense problem around you, I will be your SOS. You will immediately let me know in case of any trouble you face" he said lovingly cupping her cheeks.

"I never imagined to get someone like him into my life. It's just been two days and I feel so connected to him. I have had friends all these years, but never did so much care for me the way he does. What is he to me? A big brother? Shit shit shit Nandini...What did you just say??????? No!!! Never in my wildest dreams...never...!!! He's come like an angel for me, an angel sent by mummy and pappa. My best friend! Thank you both" Nandu's self-thought.

"Manik! Friends?" she extended her hands to shake with his. HE was confused at her actions. "Nandu..ye kya hain..aren't we friends already?" he asked.

"Mr.Malhotra! you self proclaimed us to be friends. But this is how a traditional friendship starts" she said smiling.

"Okay ! I have a better way to do this.. Friends Nandini...Best friends" he said hugging her. Manik Malhotra he is! He has his own ways. Nandini hugged him back happily.

"Achha now lets complete the lunch" she said. Soon they finished lunch and arranged room for manik. Thanks to Nandu he was able to buy some really nice stuff. They set a really nice room, with a bed, a single chair, small study table, few wall posters and organizers.