Chapter 5

That's Jake up there. <3

Harmony's POV

7:45

I groan and turn over to look at my clock. I crack open my eyes the slightest bit and that peek alone got me up and running. I'm late! I rush to do my morning routine in under 10 minutes. Thankfully I had set my outfit out the night before. Before I busted out the house, I made sure to grab the recipes that I am planning to show Seven's Galore. I am so nervous.

Harmony's Interview Outfit Above⬆

*~*

I made it to Seven's Galore with 5 minutes to collect myself and put a bright smile on my face. I opened the door and heard the little ringing of the bell to alert the staff that someone has arrived. I walked up to the counter and waited for about one minute, grateful for the time to get organized and ready to prepare them my best dishes.

Maggie walked out looking rushed, but relaxed when she saw that it was me. "Ready?" She asks.

I look at her with fierce eye contact and put a determined smile on my mouth. "Ready." And I walked behind Maggie into the kitchen, forgetting all about my recipes on the counter.

Theo's POV

After our little meeting, I went home to chill. Did I really want to do this? Be associated with a slave for months?  I knew what I had to do, I just don't want Jake to get in the way and tell her everything. But I doubt that would happen.

You might be asking, why do you hate black people so much?  Well my great great grandfather was slave owner, and passed the story down to every generation, who then passed it on also.

Flashback

Theo : 5 years old

"Theo! I have a story to tell you!" Paps called out for me. I jumped excitedly because Paps always told the bestest stories.

"What is it about paps?" I asked in my big boy voice. Paps said if I wanted to be a big boy, I have to talk and act like one.

"It is about your great great grand pappy. He used to be be a slave owner and make African Americans work after being captured from their home. Your pappy was rich with his wife and children and slaves working hard. But one day, one of the slaves deceived the wife and slept with pappy. That night they found out that she was pregnant, but they just assumed her husband was the father. Later when the baby was born, it was incredibly light and the parents were incredibly dark. People put two and two together, and havoc arose. Pappy and his wife divorced and the plantation lost its slave to Pappy's rival.  This is why we hate black people. If I ever see you with one, I am disowning you from the family. Do you hear me?" My five year old shook head frantically not wanting to leave my family.

End of Flashback

Ever since then my hatred for blacks have been immense and never ending. I will do whatever it takes to get her away from our school.

Harmony's POV

I felt confident after my interview with Seven's Galore and had fun cooking with Maggie. First, she made me cook seriously but after about a hour and a half of that, we started a food fight. We had flour, eggs, sugar, even yeast in our hair. I forgot that my hair isn't like hers (ahem white) but I couldn't care less because I was living in the moment.

We were having so much fun, we almost didn't here someone come in.

"Your first customer, Harmony! Good luck." Maggie have me a wink and went to the back to clean up the mess. I quickly breathed in and faced the customer. I was surprised to see that it was Theo. Why would he be here?

"Good Morning welcome to Seven's Galore. Today's specials are chocochip cake with vanilla ice cream. May I interest you in any?" I asked in a cherry voice. Theo's face was blank but his eyes held an emotion I couldn't decipher.

"Um actually," he looked behind him as if making sure no one we knew was here, "I wanted to talk to you. Alone."

"I don't think I can right now. I'm on their clock, I'm sorry. But would you like anything?" I politely declined his demand, but he didn't seem to like that.

"Does it look like I care?"

"I don't know what brought you here, but you have to respect rules and have some manners." I put my hands on my hips.

"Whatever. I'll catch you at school." He turned around and walked straight out the door.

Ugh. Why does he have such an attitude?

I ignored the whole scene and pretended it never happened and finished my first day off with a bang.

*~*

Once again as I walked through my doors, I was bombarded by arms. Instead of four, there were six arms.

Jeremiah.

I hugged them all back and accepted any nuggies of some sorts coming my way.

"How was work?" Todd asked. I loved how they were so involved in my life.

"It went really well. My boss was so nice and the customers are so welcoming. Except for one of the boys from school who demanded he talk to me right at that moment. I declined and he got really angry." I fit all of that in one breath.

"Who was it?" Jeremiah asked.

"Theo Tanner. You probably know him."

"Oh yeah me and Theo are right. But I heard that he's mad racist, which doesn't make sense because he's cool with me." Jeremiah responded.

"Our first day of school he called me 'blackie' and I didn't even know the dude's name". I exclaimed. "Oh and by the way, thanks for checking up on me after I got bullied on the first day." I know it sounds petty to announce it like a week later in front of my other brothers, but he was being a bad sibling.

"What?! Who bullied you? Why didn't Jeremiah protect you? Why didn't we know?! Huh?!" Smith shouted. Smith rarely raises his voice, but when he does you know he is mad.

"Yo, this is all about rep guys. My little sister can't be ruining my reputation because then eveyone would think I'm a softie and not take me serious." Jeremiah defended himself.

"Your reputation can only get you so far. But family is forever. You can't forget that." Todd explained to Jeremiah. I didn't have to do anything, I know my older brothers have a way to get through to each other without violence.

I quietly sneaked up to my room once the boys started talking about video games and girls. I collapsed on my bed, reflecting on all of the things that happened today.  The only thing that stayed in my mind as I slept was:

Why did Theo need to talk to me?
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Yo I haven't posted in a grip. Don't worry ill back at it.

Love,
Debs._🌸

Number of words this chapter: 1192.