The Awakening

Glainese's shadows never stepped again in the shade of her restaurant. Weeks to months that she was hadn't set foot on her own establishment. Her staff has been wondering. Problems started to surface as cheques were not signed to pay their suppliers, as well as her employees salaries. Glainese do this kind of things personally. Benjamin already at lost of what to tell their suppliers.

"Boss, nauubusan na tayo ng stocks. Yung beef natin will last until tomorrow morning na lang. Yun pa naman ang best seller natin," it was Paul talking to his manager as they close the resto.

"Call on everyone for a brief meeting," he answered his kitchen employee and let go of a sigh.

A few minutes later, everyone was seated. Including Rhiza.

"Alright guys, right now we are low on supplies. Alam ko na 2 months na rin delayed ang sweldo nyo. Honestly, di ko alam kung anong nangyayari kay Glainese. Been giving her a call for the past weeks pero di sya sumasagot. Hindi ko kayo masisisi if you want to resign but I will assure you that I will get a hold of our boss para maayos natin ang problema," all eyes are on him. Every day he over heard some of their waiters and waitresses about money problems and some already looking for another job.

"Sir Ben, ako na lang po pupunta kay Ms. Ramos, kung okay lang sa inyo," Rhiza raised her hand that made all eyes shifted on her.

"Alam mo ba ang condo nya? Because right now am busy talking to our suppliers hasi binobombard na nila tayo for late payments,"

"Yes po," that was all she can say.

"You are an angel. Ikaw na bahala makipagusap sa kanya. Bring with you yung mga cheques na kailangan nyang pirmahan,"

Rhiza felt a relief. She was also suprised bringing herself to talk to their lady boss. She can sense some of her co-workers' stare of wondering how'd she know where their boss' condo.

"We'll close muna na resto for the meantime. Maraming wala na sa supplies natin and some of our suppliers denied us of restocking. Alangan namang puro sabaw ang ioffer natin sa kanila,"

"One day lang ba tayo magsasara, sir" Sheena asked.

"Depends kung makakausap ni Rhiza si Glai at kung ano kahihinatnan ng paguusap nila,"

Then there was silence.

"Rhiza, keep me posted," he face Rhiza who was deep in thoughts.

"Rhiza," Ben called again.

"O-opo,"

----------

Glainese, slumped on her bed naked, Katrina beside her that only the blanket that covers her birth-suit. All those days that she was absent in her own business, she and Kat had been in and out of the city. Partying. Spending. Spoiling. All that what matters most is way behind her mind. Almost to a blur that any moment, they will become a memory. That will soon can be forgotten.

Little by little she submerged herself from temptation, and the one responsible was not satisfied until she is totally under its powers. Dark powers.

***ring... ring...***

Katrina moved due to the sound of her own mobile phone. Her dangling right arm moved in search of her gadget.

***ring... ring...***

Finally she was able to grab the noisy vibrating phone on the floor.