Lucky Devil

"Reveal in 3... 2... 1..." both of them placed their cards on the table. 

Both of them dropped their cards facing up but Glainese touched down first by mere split seconds.

Luis smiled. "Lucky on our first game,"

Both of their card has a total of 9, but Glai won having her cards down first. Kat swiped the chips on their side of the table.

Their game continued for hours. Glainese won consecutively while Luis won only for 3 times. 

Few more hours and Glainese had won a total of 12 million pesos against Luis whom didn't show any regrets of losing such amount, but showed an amusing expression for the woman's victory.

The couple went home with a large smile on their faces with a very big sum of money that they won against Luis.

"I can't believe how lucky I am today! Never in my life had this amount without breaking a sweat," Glainese said as she taps a suit case full of P1000 bills.

"Ciempre, ako kasama mo e. Not to mention na di ka naman sugarol," Katrina answered.

"Feelingera ka talaga,"

"We have to party. We have to spoil ourselves! LETS PARTEY!!!!!" Katrina swayed her body with an imaginary music.

Glainese swerved her car going to a hidden bar along BGC.

The Bank Bar. Most patrons are the rich and famous. Those who live in the higher class of glitz and glamour. 

"Table for how many guest, ma'am?" a lady in ponytail, long sleeve polo and black mini skirt, asked.

"Just for two," Glainese answered in her most classy tone. She felt she deserve to feel richer than any one inside the glamorous bar.

"Smoking or non-smoking?"

"Smoking!" Katrina answered quickly since she smokes and Glainese don't. Though the other woman didn't give any reactions. 

The woman lead them to the table almost near to the center, surrounded by Filipinos but speaks the dollar language.

Once they settled on their seats, the waitress gave them each of the menu book. Katrina's eyes almost popped seeing the prized of each drinks and finger foods.

"Give me the Winston, double," Glainese only took a couple of seconds to make her choice, not bothering herself to check other drinks offered.

"Hmmm... I'll have the Ruby Rose," Kat chose the most expensive cocktail. She will spoill herself with Glainese's won money.

The waitress left the two leaving the menus for any follow up orders they might decide later on.

---------

It was in the middle of the night and Rhiza was already catching some Zs. The resto was busy after it was open at 5pm until it closes at 10pm. It was jumpacked and they were all excited for their lady boss to see how her business boomed last night. But Glainese didn't return or even make a phone call to check.

With the coldness of the wind coming in from her opened window, Rhiza pulled her blanket all the way to her head.

***Jade.... Jade.... Help me....***

"mmmm......" she turned but didn't woke up.

***Please help me.... I'm drowning of sins...***

"Inaantok na ako Miggy..."

***Jade! JAAAAADDDDEEEE!!!!!!!!***

Rhiza woke up at the sound of crying for help. She thought that Miggy was pulling pranks at her again. Droplets of sweat drips on her forehead.

The voice, as Rhiza tries to remember sounded scared, pleading for help from drowning.... Of sins...

***I have to save her... I need to...*** she said in her head...

She sat up-right in a cross legs position, closed her eyes and dug dip to breathe a sigh. She envisioned her old self. An angel with a long golden hair that flowed way down her back, white free-flowing dress, a feather-weight halo that shines like the sun. And her most favorite, the galant, divine wings with emerald tips that the Almighty gave her. More beautiful and majestic that she had when she was still belonged to the enemy.

***The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me, and I in Him*** 

She repeated to herself like a mantra until she was deep within her own self. She felt light weight and she let herself carried by the wind to who knows where. She just poured her faith out that the forces of the light will take her where her heart is.

City lights blinded her eyes as it conquered the darkness of the night. She can't feel the coldness of the night wind but she knows its prickly temperature presence as her spirit break through it. Her own phantom liquefies the solid wall that made her pass through it. The whole place was dim lighted but enough to see the faces of the people present. Every one speaks in unison, laughter fill the air as well as the sound of the soothing music played. Rhiza's ghost landed on 2 feet. She walked, looking for what she wanted to see. People wearing white long sleeves, black mini skirts and pants passed through her white smokey form. they felt chilly when they pass through her, looking back to see if they passed unto something but they saw nothing, They just squared their shoulders and continued on their way. Rhiza didn't budge nor bothered. All she had in mind was to search and search until she saw in the corner of her vision what she was looking for.

Her eyes widened. Her heart pounded as if there was a jackhammer. Two faces connected together. The other has her hand on the neck of the other. Both moving their heads in unison. Number of glasses on their table. People around them seemed not bothered by the actions of the two couple doing something that's not should be done in public. Rhiza felt a spang of pain in her chest like arrows flew and hit bull's eye in her heart. Her breathing was cut, something blocking her throat. 

Glainese kissing Katrina passionately.

In her stillness, as if someone had pushed her forcefully, her spirit went back to her physical container, dropping her whole body on her bed as if she fell down from a very high place. Catching her breath, she placed one hand on her chest, and the other on her aching head. 

What had become of her angel? What had become of their promise that her Althea had forgotten? Will she be able to still save her? will her love be enough to pull her love from sin?

A lot of questions sprung out of her mind that her faith starts to weaken. 

***Don't give up. Sinusubok lang ako... Sinusubok lang tayo, Althea. Wait for me. I will save you... Our Father will help us... Just wait for me...*** she spoke. Wishing ther wind will deiver her message to the unwilling heart of her Glainese/Althea....