"I should probably go." I tell them.

"Let me give you a ride home." Asher offers.

"It's ok, I can walk." He raises his eyebrows.

I then remember how far my apartment is and accept the offer.

He's a gentleman and opens the door for me before he gets in on his side. He starts the car and then drives off in the direction of my house.

"I'm sorry for how we acted, we shouldn't have done that." He apologizes.

"It's fine, I'm sure you have your reasons to act like you did." I tell him.

"Wait, you don't know about...?" He leaves it at that, expecting me to know what he means.

"Know about what?"

Once he realizes I don't know understand him, he just shakes his head and says, "Never mind."

I look at him weirdly, but don't say anything.

After a few more minutes, we arrive at my house, and he pulls to a stop.

"Would you like to sit with us at lunch tomorrow again?" He asks.

"I didn't think you would want me to for how you guys were acting back at the ice cream shop."

"Jade, you're always welcome to sit with us." He says sincerely.

"Thanks." I smile, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you." He says before I shut the car door.

I walk inside to see Charlie chilling on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, Jade." He says.

"Hey." I start to walk up the stairs to my room, but stop, "Charlie, are you well known around town?"

He gives me a confused look, "Uh, I guess, why?"

"Some of my friends said that you were."

"Who are your friends?" He asks.

"Just Asher and a few of his friends." I tell him.

Charlie's eyes widen, "Is that who came to the door earlier?" I nod in response. "I thought he smelled familiar."

"Smelled?" I ask him. Why would my brother be smelling him?

He notices that he must've said the wrong thing, "Ya, smelled, like his cologne. It was really strong." He says it confidently, but he looks nervous.

I look down. I didn't notice that he had cologne on, probably because I was too busy staring at him.

All of a sudden, Charlie gets up and comes towards me, "Jade, I don't want you hanging out with them."

"What? Why?" I exclaim. Why wouldn't he want me hanging out with them?

"I just don't." He tells me.

"Charlie, these are my first friends that I made, and I honestly don't think I will make anymore." I explain.

"Can't you just do this for me?" He asks.

I look at his pleading eyes and just say, "Fine." It's not like he will know whether or not I'll be hanging out with them at school.

He smiles and thanks me. I hug him quickly and then go upstairs to my bedroom and fall asleep.