Chapter 4

"Charlie! Give it back!" I yell at my brother as I chase him around his apartment.

"What? You can't catch me? Wow, Jade, you've gotten slower!" Charlie says with a smile.

I pick up speed and jump on his back, which makes us both tumble to the ground.

We both groan at the same time, and then laugh at each other.

Charlie hands me my homework that I'd been working on. I smirk at him, but I can't help but turn it into a smile.

"Why'd you even take it in the first place?" I ask him after helping him up.

"You were just sitting in your room slaving over homework! You need to get out more!"

"For your information, I'm going out with a few friends to a movie tonight. I was trying to get my homework done before they got here."

"Oh," He looks guilty now, "so you met some new friends at school?"

"Ya, I did. I hung out with them at lunch, and some of them were in my classes." I tell him.

He smiles, "I'm glad."

"How about you? Did work go ok?"

Ever since I moved in, he's been working more hours than usual to be able to afford food for two people instead of one. That's another reason why I'm hoping to get a job, I want to be able to take some of the stress of his shoulders.

"It went ok, I could've done better, but I'm not going to dwell on the past."

That's one of my brother's best qualities, he always keeps a positive attitude.

"So, when are you supposed to go to that movie with your friends?"

I look at the clock, "In about a half an hour."

"Well, go get ready then." Charlie says, and he gives me a little push in the direction of my room. I laugh, but do what he says.

About 27 minutes later, there's a knock on the door. And yes, I was counting.

For some reason, I just couldn't wait until I got to see Asher.

I run down the stairs, knocking into Charlie in the process. He must've been coming to get me. We both roll down the rest of the stairs.

I look over at him and say, "We spend too much time on the floor." We both laugh and get up.

I look over at the front door to see Asher watching us with amusement. Gosh, he's so hot.

"You ready?" Asher asks me. I nod.

"Be home at 11!" Charlie yells as I leave the house.

"Ok!" I yell back.

Didn't really know where to end this part, but I thought that I could do after the movie in the next part. What do you guys think so far?

Comment

Vote

Fan

=)