Chapter Thirty-Eight: Illusionary Monsters

A/N: Urrggghhhh I want it to be holidays again. I'm sick of work. 

Anywho, update!

Oh and by the by the song:

Illusion by Kozoro

it's free to download if you enjoy it :) just go to https://soundcloud.com/kozoromusic

-----------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Illusionary Monsters

For the first time in...I dunno -years, I was able to wake without a crashing wall of pain rattling my body until I feel like I'm chocking on blood. Sure if I touched the yellowing black-purple bruises they hurt like a bitch but that's about it. Realising that X wasn't with me, I look over at the door to the kitchen, thinking that maybe he was out there again.

...But for some reason I could sense that he wasn't. The emptiness was frighteningly hollow within me.

Frowning at this, I get up to have a look. The whoosh door opens as I approach it... The room was dark but a strange moving pattern was forming on the ceiling. I was able to source it to something outside through the window.

Looking at the moving reflection, I see that it's similar to light rebounding off a liquid surface.

Great. In the time I was sleeping I managed to sleep through a flood.

Walking over to get a closer look through the window, half expecting to be under the sea with some fish and/or shark glugging passed the window, I get a bigger shock as the light was too...naturally bright and outside was...as far opposite a sea that I could imagine.

I came face to face with a grassy lawn and a small stream flowing through the middle and sun shining down like I was in fairyland.

...Right.

Ok.

...I was in an underground subway last time I checked.

Underground means no sunlight...right?

....So the new drugs X has fed me are hallucinogenic and I'm having a serious trip right now? Or I'm in a dream again. The thought chilled my insides until it burned.

I look over to the front door and saw it was also whooshy with a touchpad. Giving it a shot, despite expecting the 'access denied' voice to snap back at me, I put my hand to it and it switches green, opening up and letting a faint breeze through.

I could see sky laid out before me. Pale light blue without a single cloud and the sun beating down from overhead. I can feel the heat radiating off my skin. Looking down at the ground, I was standing in soft green grass that just covered my bare feet. It felt too real. I look over to a set of stairs built into the side of a hill I was standing on, leading down to the tiny stream that ran along the grass causeway in front of me.

Walking over to the stone steps, I go down them to the water's edge. Crouching down, I peer at the trickling water that was not much wider than an arm's length across. Smooth grey and black pebbles caused ripples in the water's flow but there wasn't any sound.

I reach out to touch the water.

I frown at the texture. It felt like water slipping between my fingers. It felt cool and wet but it was synthetic.

False. Fake. The words slither in my mind as I drew my fingers away, completely dry. I almost feel a growl gurgling in my throat, surprising myself. I felt a static pulse running over my skin and almost like a glitch in the breeze. It was tiny. Minor. So minuscule that if I wasn't so caught up on the contradictory surroundings, I wouldn't have noticed.