Chapter Seventeen: Fragmented Dreamscape

A/N: It's been a while...uni is really intense this year and has completely pulled me away from writing  o(╥﹏╥)o

But since my birthday is coming up this weekend, I wanted to give you guys pressies by updating as much as I can before the weekend ends...Please enjoy (◜௰◝)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen: Fragmented Dreamscape

The alarms sound out in distinct screams. White walls now drenched in flashing red of the warning sirens, singing their song of alarm.

Rain looks up at Mist, who in turn looked back just as confused as he felt. They stood from the table, leaving their meals and conversation behind, completely abandoned as the noise drowned it. They both knew that the siren could only be coming from one area. The boy.

Rain frowns, grabbing his weapon by the door. He knew the Doc didn't want harm to come to this new 'plaything' of hers but their safety still came first. X may be able to destroy it in a second, but you never know and Rain would never forgive himself if anything ever happened to Mist.

As they come down the passageway, leading into the actual clinic where they housed the boy, Rain saw the Doc quickly streaming down from another hallway, meeting up with them instantly.

"What's happening?" Rain asks.

"I think he's awake. Isn't it exciting!?"

The worst thing is, that was a serious question.

As they come closer to the room, Rain notices the sudden drop in temperature. Their breaths now visible as clouds, mingling with the air.

"Stay back," Hanna barks at them before continuing down the hall.

"What's going on?" Mist shivers behind Rain.

"...Don't know." Rain's his eyes were fixated on the glass in front of him that was now completely covered in ice and beginning to fracture. The sirens suddenly cut off, like someone had pulled a switch.

Hanna stands in front of the door, frozen to the spot, her eyes wide.

Rain touches Mist's wrist, telling her to stay back. Mist nods, shivering completely now as the temperature still lowers.

He comes forward, to check on the doctor but as he does, he looks in to see the room completely transformed. The air was deadly still. Clear fragments that look like glass was suspended, floating in the air slowly as if in a dreamy sleep. The clear bright ice flicked out around the room, suspend in a ripple that clung to the walls. All glass was fracturing, crying out in small shrieks of dismay as the fractures slowly climbed higher but never actually shattering.

In the middle of all this was X. He stood with his back to them, blocking them from seeing the room properly. But as Rain stepped closer, Hanna's arm snaps out, stopping him from stepping into the room. "Not yet," she whispers.

Rain looks at her for a moment, then back at X. Whatever was happening in there...he didn't know. All he knew was that something happened and it didn't sound good. ...Maybe Fenir was right. They should have put that boy out of his misery.

Rain slightly shift, seeing that X was reaching out towards something. Was it the kid?

Mist comes up beside him, letting out a squeak of surprise. He looks at her then at what she was looking at. The kid was up, sitting bolt straight up on the Station. His eyes held no life in them. But that wasn't what shocked Mist. The markings had grown, like a living thing. Thicker, darker and more vine like marks growing over his right side. The right eye was also completely inked in black, save for the glowing yellow iris staring dead ahead.