Chapter 25- The Double Date (It's Just Dinner)

Phil's POV
Class seemed to go on forever, and I was bored to death. The class was silent and I was watching the clock as the minutes ticked by, whilst Dan chewed on his pencil and tapping his fingers on the desk, which was slowly making me insane, even though I tried to ignore it.

The bell for lunch finally rang, and I was very happy about that. I gathered up my things and followed Dan out of the classroom, and went to the cafeteria to meet with the rest of our friends. We found them sitting at our table and joined them, after greeting all of them.

"Did we miss anything?" I asked.

"Nope, except that Chris and Pj just had another awkward moment in class" Louise informed, which caught our attention. Dan rested his chin on his hand with his elbow on the table, and I leaned forward.

"Okay spill" Dan responded, smirking.

"Well they did the thing where they awkwardly touched each other's hand, and then blushed as they looked away" Louise continued.

"Guys wait, they're coming" Connor whispered to us, and we quickly changed the subject as they sat down. I awkwardly looked at Dan and he moved closer to me and put his arm around me after winking at me, which made me blush.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as my cheeks went redder.

"Just go with it Phil" He replied, his voice low. I leaned in and we kept talking to the others as if it was normal, even though I was dying and my cheeks were on fire. I looked at Pj from across the table and then looked at Chris, and then back at him. I winked at Pj and he got the message, and I watched as he moved closer and went to put his arm around Chris, but then moved away. I went to go and say something, but Dan then suddenly pecked my lips and I kissed him back. Once Chris and Pj were talking to our other friends, I looked at Dan, who had a smirk on his face.

"You liked it, and you'll thank me later" He muttered, and I rolled my eyes as we kept talking.

Time passed, and eventually, the bell rang and we went off in our separate directions toward our classes. Dan and I were following after Troye and Connor, and we sat together in the classroom. The class was loud and chaotic, as there were people standing up, yelling, sitting on tables, putting their feet on the table and throwing pieces of paper around the room. We kept to ourselves though, sitting together up the back. We were filling Troye and Connor in on our plan to get Chris and Pj together, and they said that it sounded like it would work, when Kian and his friends suddenly entered the room. They looked around the room and started heading up the back when they had noticed us, and I felt like shrinking.

"Hello Kian" I said to him.

"Hello Dan" He responded. We then fell silent and they awkwardly stood in front of us for a good minute or two, and then walked off and sat down a few rows away from us, except for Kian. He looked at me with regret and worry, and sighed. He then went to open his mouth, but closed it again. Probably because he was still full of pride. Kian then walked away and sat down wth his friends, leaving us both confused, curious and nervous at the same time. If only we could get the rest of the school day over and done with so that the double date would get here.
*
*
*
I'm guessing that someone had answered to my wishes, since the rest of the day seemed to go by in a flash. It was very uneventful as well. Dan was very quiet for the remainder of the day, as he couldn't get the Kian scenario out of his mind. He couldn't get rid of the worried yet sorry look that Kian gave him in class, and I don't blame him. It was really strange, the guy who had bullied him and teamed up with Thomas, seemed to be sorry for him, and somewhat worried. What he was worried about though, was what made me worried, and I couldn't help but feel like it was to do with Thomas. If that's the case, then it must be bad what he's planning, otherwise Kian wouldn't be warning us.